Advisory Changes Implemented to Encourage Attendance
Fab Lab
Fab Lab

Pro: President-Elect Trump

Pro: President-Elect Trump
Photo by unknown

Donald J. Trump announced his presidential bid at Trump Tower on June 16, 2015. On July 16, 2016, Trump became the Republican Party’s presidential nominee. And on Nov. 9, 2016, Trump won the Presidential-elect to become the 45th president of the United States of America.

Ask almost anyone, this election was filled with everything ranging from name-calling to the excessive use of the word “huge.” Trump may have won the electoral vote with 279 votes, crushing Hillary who only held 228, but Clinton did end up winning the popular vote by 208,804. This may seem like a big number to most, but this really does show how the country is almost divided in half when it comes down to it. So, what now? What does the country do now that the Clintons have been defeated, a reality television star won the presidency and Barack Obama is being forced to leave The Mansion? America simply, it’s time to move on. 

Donald Trump is Qualified to be President
In the United States, the ONLY qualifications to be president are to be 35 years of age and born in America. Trump meets both of these qualities considering he was born
June 14, 1946 in Queens, New York. Many anti-Trump voters like Tony Schwartz, claim “Donald Trump is not qualified to be president. Nothing about the debate tonight will change that.” Well, Tony, you are right in the sense that the debate cannot change a person’s age or place of birth but just about everything else, stands corrected.

Donald Trump Wanting to Deport Illegal Immigrants Does Not Make Him Racist
Trump believes that we need new immigration controls to boost wages and to ensure that open jobs are offered to American workers first.” This establishment will help our severely suffering economy by opening jobs to US citizens and “prioritize the jobs, wages and security of the American people.”

He is not the “Ordinary” Politician
Trump came into this election with no political background, a tower and a “small loan of $1 million” from his father. This may be why he was so popular this election. He is real. He states what he feels and his views are just as strong as any other politician who ran.

He has Almost No Filter
Almost anyone voting for Clinton can agree on the idea that Trump’s mouth is a big problem. However, where you may see a man who is “politically incorrect,” I see a man who wants to delete the concept that our society must always be politically correct and embrace the fact that we have freedom of speech for a reason.

He is a Very Successful Businessman  
We have a president who has built and created things. A president who will create jobs, a president who will create relationships and a president who will create peace if he goes about it the right way. Trump is a smart man. He will do what it takes to better this country from the hardships it has faced.

Whether you are planning to flee the country, stay and fight or sit on your couch and cry about the results, you cannot deny the fact that he will be the 45th president of the United States. It is time to either come together as a country or sit on the sidelines and watch America prosper without you. Trump can do great things for the United States if we only let him.

Lauren Hargrove
Lauren Hargrove, The Rider Editor-in-Chief
My name is Lauren Hargrove and I'm Editor in Chief of TheRiderOnline.com. I enjoy football games, dogs and hanging out with friends. I'm sarcastic and sassy and honestly, I'm here for the food and to write I guess.