Fab Lab
Fab Lab

7 Things To Do: December 2015

The Tree of Trees as you enter Six Flags will surely get you into the holiday spirit.
Photo by Six Flags Media Gallery
The “Tree of Trees” as you enter Six Flags will surely get you into the holiday spirit.

Now that Thanksgiving has come and passed, Christmas fast approaches and so does New Year’s Eve. Take a look at the following events you can take part in when you don’t have gifts to buy or a tree to decorate this month.

Holiday In The Park
During Christmastime, Six Flags Over Texas transforms the park into a holiday wonderland. Fit with Christmas lights all around, special treats and a snow hill, Holiday In The Park can be a fun twist on the normal Six Flags experience. Get together with friends and family to spend some time there and make new memories.

See Christmas Lights
Observing Christmas decorations can be a great way to get into the holiday spirit, and many cities offer their own set of Christmas lights for people to enjoy – Grand Prairie, Frisco and Grapevine to name a few. Although at the time of this post, Prairie Lights has been closed as a result of high water levels. Check the website for updates on when each will be open. You could also choose to drive through Interlochen, the neighborhood known for the elaborate Christmas decorations of its inhabitants, or you could choose to drive around your own neighborhood or town to observe the lights.

The 12 Days Of Christmas
The Dallas Arboretum will present an exhibit of 12 gazebos, each one decorated as one of the twelve subjects of the classic Christmas Carol. You can see this exhibit, along with The Artistry of the Nativity exhibit, until January 3, 2016. Plan a day and get your tickets to go with friends or family.

Elf (The Musical)
Catch this spin on the 2003 movie, performed by a cast of Broadway performers touring the country this holiday season. The Music Hall at Fair Park will host the show, which will be featured December 8 through December 20, 2015, which you can get tickets for here.

Jingle Ball
Presented by 106.1 KISS FM, the Jingle Ball will feature artists like Demi Lovato, One Direction, Shawn Mendes, Ellie Goulding and more. To attend this star-studded concert, get tickets for the event and attend the American Airlines Center on December 1, 2015.

Hometown Holidays Parade and Activities
Friday, December 4 from 5 to 9 pm, will kick off the holiday activities in Mansfield with an official tree lighting, penguins from the Dallas Zoo, fireworks and more. Admission will be free, unless you plan on ice-skating, which will be an additional charge. On Saturday, December 5, a 5K will take place at 9 am ($30 registration fee), as well as a performance of Shrek the Musical by The Music Place at noon (admission will be a toy donation for Toys For Tots) and a parade will be held through downtown Mansfield at 2:30 pm.

Not So Silent Night
Another holiday concert presented by a radio station, this time by 103.7 KVIL, Not So Silent Night will feature Fall Out Boy, James Bay and George Ezra. This will be the second annual Not So Silent Night and will take place on December 15, 2015. To “rock the halls of South Side Ballroom” with KVIL, get tickets here.

Monica Salazar
Monica Salazar, Entertainment Editor
Hey, I'm Monica and I am the entertainment editor for The Rider. Writing has always been a part of my life and I'm glad that Newspaper gives me the outlet I need. I eat a lot of ice cream, so please buy me a pint of Ben & Jerry's. When I'm not stressing over Newspaper related things, I like to listen to music, read, write or chill out and watch Netflix until three in the morning.