Flight 370: Where You At

Flight+370%3A+Where+You+At+

On March 8, 2014, Malaysian airlines flight number 370 vanished into thin air. Nearly three weeks after the plane went missing, officials declared that the plane crashed into the Indian Ocean. However, with no wreckage, no eyewitnesses and no visual evidence of where it went, people can only assume what really happened to the plane.

With 239 people on board, the Boeing 777-200ER jet took off from Kuala Lumpur, the Malaysian capital, on Saturday, March 8. It was scheduled to arrive in Beijing the same day, but lost contact with air traffic controllers in Subang between Malaysia and Vietnam, an hour into flight time. The plane went missing without any warning or communication from the crew.

I have several theories as to what happened to the plane:

Defying Gravity: Flight 370 passengers must have bonded over their love for outer space, before they vanishing less than an hour after take off. Their passion encouraged them to defy gravity and land on the moon. Passengers broke into the Pilot’s Cabin and calmly discussed the importance of visiting outer space, a once in a lifetime chance sort of thing. Thus, the pilots agreed to the plan and flew straight up, disappearing from Earth on a one way mission to the moon.

Aliens: Humans have pondered the existence of extraterrestrial beings ever since the beginning of time. What is really out there? Passengers on Flight 370 recently discovered the answer to this question. As we search the Indian Ocean repeatedly, our citizens are on Mars being experimented on.

Sunken: The most simple explanation, but the most boring of them, the plane could have simply flew straight into the ocean. As of now, passengers could currently be making friends with passengers from the Titanic a hundred years later.

Bermuda Triangle: Although the Bermuda Triangle, located south of Florida, there is a slight possibility that Earth’s plates could have shifted thousands of miles towards the Indian Ocean without scientist noticing. There, the Bermuda Triangle sucked the plane right into it’s heart, just like the five other flights that have been swallowed by the vicious sea.

Pilot Sabotage: You know how when you board a plane, the flight attendants tell all passengers to please turn off all electronic devices? Obviously one of the passengers didn’t obey, and continued to have a two hour conversation with their Aunt. One of the two pilots got upset and decided it was time to crash the plane. That’ll show them.

A Recreation of the TV show Lost: There’s a good possibility that the plane experienced mechanical failure and had to land immediately, thus recreating the popular TV show Lost. Whether the island is alive or not is up to the passengers.

Shadow Flying: Officials have offered the theory that Flight 370 could have turned around and shadowed Singapore Airlines Flight 68, successfully avoiding signals from India and Pakistan, landing on their territory undetected. Passengers on Flight 370 are most likely running around Barcelona naked and afraid.

The Plane is Hiding Under an Invisibility Cloak: You’re a wizard Flight 370.

Terrorism: The flight could have undergone an attempted terrorist attack, with passengers trapped in the confined space with nothing but fear in their hearts. Two Iranians were on board with stolen passports, but officials have investigated their background and ruled them out of the act of terrorism. Maybe a laid back, everyday guy decided he was fed up and took control of the plane.

Mechanical Failure: This is very possible, but once again, boring. Flight 370 was a fairly new plane blah blah.

Plane Randomly Blew Up and Disintegrated: Hey, anything can happen.

Malacca Strait: Malaysian Air Force reported seeing an unidentified plane fly over the Strait of Malacca eight minutes after all communications went down.

Wrong Direction: It is very likely that both pilots forgot their compasses at home that day. To the wrong side of Earth we go.

Black Hole: A large jet gets swallowed by a black hole, but not the planet. This makes total sense, right?

The Legend of the Loch Ness Monster: Although the Loch Ness monster is known to live in the Scottish Highlands, there is a possibility that the cute little creature ventured off course and found itself outside of Australia. I believe that the monster reached into the sky with its tall neck and proceeded to wrap around the plane like a snake. The plane split into two and was never seen or heard from again.

Gru: Similar to his love for stealing the moon, the character from the movie Despicable Me may have found another hobby, Stealing airplanes.

Madison Imschweiler
Madison Imschweiler, News Editor
Hi, I'm Madison. I'm a senior and the News Editor for The Rider Online, and it feels pretty great to be able to say that. Aside from The Rider, I keep myself busy by being a part of the Legacy swim team, lifeguarding and teaching little kiddos how to swim, scuba diving and being involved in church. I'm also very bad at bringing things to a conclusion, so..xoxo, gossip girl. [email protected]
View Comments (1)
$3000
$5000