Review: Cutting Edge Haunted House

Cutting Edge opens at the end of August and closes at the beginning of November each year.

One of the most popular, award-winning haunted houses, Cutting Edge, keeps students coming back each year. The multi-themed, run down building stays in first place as the scariest haunted house in the DFW area.

If you want a good scare, Cutting Edge will satisfy your needs. Cutting Edge received the Guinness World Record for the largest walkthrough haunted house. It takes about 55 minutes to get through and around every corner something new awaits you. The low lighting, fog and strobe lights make it difficult to see the area around you and find your way out. The floor even moves when you enter the building, making it hard to walk.

The building, a 100 year-old abandoned meat packing plant, sits in a historical area of Fort Worth named “Hell’s Half Acre” because of the community’s history of being lawless and immoral. Cutting Edge has something for all horror fans to enjoy. Each room in the building features a new theme ranging from an asylum to zombies and even a Saw themed maze with only a small glow stick to aid you.

The only cons include the long line to enter, ticket prices, the loud music that plays while you wait in line and the water that drips from everywhere. Wear old shoes and clothes that you won’t mind getting wet; water drips from the walls and ceiling, covering the floor. Bubbles fill the last room so you will surely be soaked when you leave. The non-refundable tickets cost $29.95 plus $10 parking, so do not freak out last minute and change your mind about the situation; prepare yourself before entering and stick to it.

Justine Vasquez
Justine Vasquez, Staff Writer
Hey guys! I'm Justine and this is my first time on the newspaper staff. I am looking forward to this school year. I am excited to be here, and I can’t wait to work with everyone. I know I’m not as talented in writing as some people, but I’m here. I like to dance and I am on the JV drill team. Go Silver Spurs! [email protected]