Frozen Treats That Can’t Be Beat

Baskin Robbins offers a multitude of flavors, ranging from Vanilla and Chocolate to Jamoca Almond Fudge.
Photo by Sterling Greback

If you start to crave a sweet frozen treat, the obvious answer to the problem would be grabbing a bowl of ice cream or frozen yogurt. Try one of these places in Mansfield to satisfy your craving.

Purple Berri

Prices – Reasonable

Flavors – Eight

Rating- Five Stars

Purple Berri’s cool and light hearted decor invites customers to come in and stay awhile. Self dispensing yogurt machines mounted on purple and green walls allow customers to choose from eight different fat free flavors. The flavors consisted of six traditional frozen yogurt flavors, for example sweet vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and tart. With two more exotic flavors that change around every two weeks, like peanut butter and cake batter.

Customers can choose as many flavors as they like, and choose if they want their fro yo in an ice cream cone, or a 16 oz or 20 oz. cup.  When customers have all the fro yo they could desire they can move along to the toppings bar. The myriad of toppings consist of sugary cereals, fresh cut fruits, nuts, candies and chocolates.

While frozen yogurt tastes delicious the cost is slightly higher that of an average ice cream cone, and cost comes by ounce. The more you eat, the more you pay.  While there, I tried the peanut butter, cake batter and cheesecake frozen yogurt. All had rich and sweet tastes that were amazing!

This shop offered free water, a nice clean place to sit for awhile and delicious desserts!

Baskin Robbins

Prices – Reasonable

Flavors – Thirty six

Rating- Five Stars

Baskin Robbins, one of the smaller ice cream shops in Mansfield possessed an optimistic atmosphere, the bright colored walls and exciting signs got me in the mood for a sugar overload immediately.

When deciding what ice cream to buy, I felt overwhelmed by the multitude of flavors. Many tried and true flavors such as vanilla, mint chocolate chip, and New York cheese cake nestled themselves between more exciting flavors like jamoca almond fudge, chocolate fudge turtle, ice daiquiri and love potion.

Baskin Robbins offered reasonable prices for their sweets, customers most often choose bowls to put hold their ice cream, the smallest bowl cost $2.39 and the largest cost $4.35. Ice cream averaged a price of $2.00 plus the cost of the cone you bought, a kids cone, the smallest cost $0.22 and a large waffle cone cost $0.99.

Baskin Robbins offered a special Valentines ice cream for the month of February named love potion that I tasted. This ice cream would delight any strawberry lover, as it contained both vanilla and strawberry ice cream with chunks of strawberry and chocolate. This pink ice cream’s sweet flavor tasted amazing, the sugariness and the tartness of the strawberry chunks blended together for the perfect flavor.

Baskin Robbins would be a good place to grab ice cream with a friend because of its awesome flavors and low prices.