I’m Gonna Pop Some Tags

Goodwill has a wide variety of clothing, shoes and other household items.
Photo by Emary Skoczlas

The mall does not have to be your only way of getting clothes. Thrifting can be a great and affordable way to buy unique and vintage items that fit your individual style. Thrifting has greatly increased in popularity due to its low cost and fun factor, not to mention all the great causes you can benefit. Don’t forget to donate clothing every once in a while to give back to the amazing system of used clothes.

ThriftGraphic

Salvation Army Family Store

☆☆☆☆☆

Distance from Legacy 10 minutes

Price Range Low-Medium

Selection Good variety, every type of clothing and accessory.

Sales Every item has a different colored tag and each day a color will be half price.

Cause Sales benefit The Salvation Army.

The Salvation Army Family Store remains my personal favorite thrift store to go to. You can always count on it being neat and organized and the staff are very friendly. They charge low prices for high quality clothing and shoes. The selection of cool T-shirts is unparalleled.

Arlington Pregnancy Center Resale

☆☆☆

Distance from Legacy 13 minutes

Price Range Medium-High, still cheaper than buying brand new clothes.

Selection Good variety

Sales Every once in awhile

Cause Sales benefit the Arlington Mansfield Pregnancy Center, helping pregnant women in need.

The Arlington Resale store offers much higher quality clothes and as a result can be a little more on the expensive side. You can find a lot of vintage items here in very good condition. The employees interact with you and uplifting music plays in the background.

Texas Thrift

☆☆☆☆

Distance from Legacy 23 minutes

Price Range Low prices

Selection Wide variety

Sales Every once in awhile, but sales not needed to still shop here and get bargains

Cause Not known

Don’t let the look of this place scare you. You can find some really great stuff, you just have to be willing to dig a little more. The quality can be a little on the low side, but there are plenty of nice things to be found. The shoe section remains one of the biggest in a thrift store.

Goodwill Supercenter

☆☆☆☆

Distance from Legacy 9 minutes

Price Range Low-medium

Selection Very big, lots of variety

Sales Rare

Cause Sales benefit Goodwill

The Goodwill Supercenter is one of the biggest thrift stores in the area. With its size comes a variety of prices and a mix of high and low qualities. Be willing to spend a little longer here. They have wide open spaces and a clean store.

Hut No.8

☆☆

Distance from Legacy 5 minutes

Price Range Higher than a thrift shop, but still low as opposed to buying new clothing

Selection Fair

Sales Every once in awhile

Cause Profit, resale store

I know this may not be considered as a true thrift shop but I thought it was definitely worth noting. The store has more recent, higher quality clothing items so it is a great option for anyone trying to save money and still dress in current pieces. You can also sell clothes of your own that you no longer wear and they will let you choose between receiving store credit or cash.

Wesley Mission Center

☆☆☆

Distance from Legacy 6 Minutes

Price Range Very low prices

Selection Small selection

Sales Not known

Cause Sales benefit the Wesley Mission Center

This shop has a small size and therefore you are able to get in and out of quickly. The shop may be small, but there are still some gems to be found. Also, on select days of the week they have a store next door that sells used designer brands specially set aside from their everyday store.