Review: V8 Fruit Smoothies

Nick Willingham, 9, drinks a V8 Smoothie during lunch.
Photo by Maddy Brown

Recently, the cafeteria started selling V8 Fruit Smoothies for only $2.50. These smoothies come in different flavors such as Peach Mango, Watermelon Raspberry, Strawberry Banana and Tropical Fruit. For each cup, you get one full serving of fruit and one full serving of vegetables. This all-natural smoothie contains no High Fructose Corn Syrup, making it one of the healthier options in the cafeteria.

I initially thought that this was another thing people were going to make a big deal about, but when I tasted it, I stood corrected. I finally understood why people were putting a simple V8 smoothie on such a high pedestal.

Strawberry Banana

This had a very refreshing taste. I tasted both the strawberry and the banana. There was no aftertaste of any vegetable, as promised on the flyers in the cafeteria.

Peach Mango

Though a seemingly unusual combination, the mango and peach blend tasted amazing. Both fruits were evident and the creaminess of the smoothie was satisfying.

Watermelon Raspberry

The Watermelon Raspberry smoothie had a very sweet taste. The watermelon was the more dominate flavor, making the raspberry very subtle. Though people don’t usually blend these two fruits together, the watermelon and raspberry complemented each other nicely.

Tropical Fruit

The Tropical Fruit smoothie tasted very similar to the Peach Mango but with a sweeter twist. The mangoes were the most distinguishable fruit of the smoothie. I also tasted a tangy orange flavor, but this blended well with the mango.

A delicious fruity smoothie with your daily supplement of vegetables will be very convenient to have in our school cafeteria. I was satisfied with everything about the smoothies and I recommend them to all smoothie lovers. If you crave a healthy and refreshing smoothie, your best bet is the delicious V8 smoothies.