Review: Fuller House

Full House aired from Sep. 22, 1987 to May 23, 1995, broadcasting eight seasons and 192 episodes. Fuller House aired Feb. 26, 2016.

It’s been over 21 years since the last episode of Full House aired, and Netflix just dropped the first 13 episodes of the new spin off: Fuller House. The original series filled family’s homes with relatable life experiences, catchy phrases and humorous moments. Fuller House does the same but adds more to situations by creating scenes this generation relates to better.

When I decided to watch the new Netflix series, I never planned on watching all 13 episodes in one sitting. The new series stays true to the beloved Full House series. The oldest daughter, DJ Tanner, takes over the role of her father, becoming the owner of the family home and taking care of three boys. Her younger sister, Stephanie Tanner, moves in which fills the role Jessie played and her best friend, Kimmy Gibbler, sets in for Joey Gladstone.

The series took me by surprise at times. Fuller House features much more erotic statements in the episodes, followed by more vulgar language than in the well-known predecessor. DJ and Stephanie have grown up, and they do what grown women in today’s society do. The series adds in moments which today’s younger adults relate to, which might shock the families who once gathered to watch the original TV series.

All in all, I enjoyed Fuller House. It was humorous and relatable at times. The producers created a spin-off of a beloved series in which today’s society can relate to. I watched the original show when I was growing up, and I caught the subtle references to it found in Fuller House. It took me back to my childhood and added in more realistic moments as well.  

Ashley Richardson
Ashley Richardson, Sports Editor
My name is Cheeks, yes Cheeks, it's not weird. I am a senior and I am the sports section editor. I am socially awkward, kind of, don't judge me. You'll grow to love me, everybody does, eventually. It's a great day to save lives people (if you don't know what that means, I'm disappointed).