Album Review: Everybody Can’t Go by Benny the Butcher
All About the APs
All About the APs

Review: Tropical Glow Putt Putt

Anna Jordan describes her experience with Tropical Glow Putt Putt.

Tropical Glow from the outside seems like a fun and enjoyable place to be. However, when I went inside, it didn’t live up to my expectations. In all fairness, my expectations were a little too high for such a small establishment. My experience when I went to the place for one of my friends birthday parties showed Tropical Glow Putt Putt takes mini to a whole new level.

When I arrived at the place, I was super excited, after all I was about to play glow in the dark mini golf, but sadly I was a little let down. There was, in total, 18 neon-colored holes. In my mind, this was supposed to be this bomb place where friends could gather and play glow in the dark putt putt. Instead, the time I spent there was not as thrilling as I was hoping. Not only was my friend’s party going on, but a five year old’s party was going on as well, which was equally terrible, yet entertaining. In fact, the children were the only source of entertainment at the party.

Tropical Glow not only offers mini golf, but a small back room that can be used for food and hanging out if you get overwhelmed by the display of neon colored walls. On the website it says the room can hold 70 people, but realistically the room could maybe hold 40 people comfortably. Fortunately, Tropical Glow has different event packages that provide the group with pizza, drinks and water. The downside to getting that package is the cost. In order to get the pizza and drink included in the price customers have to get the gold or platinum package. Customers can get the pizza with smaller packages, but they have to pay 10 dollars for each pizza they want on top of the original price, which really isn’t that great of a deal because people will not want to stay at the course for two hours. It takes about 12-15 minutes to get through the entire course, and after that, the customers will want to do something else.

I think this course has a lot of potential to make the experience more enjoyable for customers. I have spent some time while writing this story thinking of ways that could really vamp up the place. For starters, maybe expand the course or take out some of the holes in order to add hole that are more difficult to play. Also, maybe they could do a two story course in order to make the course less crowded. Plus with two stories, customers will feel that they are getting more for their money, and it will even make it a little more fun. For the activities room, have a game shelf with fun and new games. That way if people don’t necessarily want to play mini golf, they can be equally entertained. I won’t say much about how to improve the prices because I’m not exactly great with money. Having said that, if I were apart of the Tropical Glow staff, I would definitely take a look at the prices and see what ways could they make it better and more cost effective.

With a few changes and some updates, Tropical Glow could be a really excellent place to hangout with friends and families on the weekend. Keep in mind, this is only my opinion on the establishment, and I understand that there are probably other people who would disagree. Overall I am not a super big fan of Tropical Glow. I think that the activity hall doesn’t have much to offer but maybe with a little work they can become better.

Anna Jordan, Staff Writer
Hey I'm Anna Jordan and I am going to keep this short and sweet just like me. I am a senior and have been apart of the Newspaper department for three years.