Review: JD’s Smokehouse and Southern Deli

Khalid Ahmed, 10, reviews barbecue made by former Legacy Coach, Jimmie Green

After a month of bragging, former football coach, Mr. Jimmie Green, allowed his robotics class at Ben Barber to try his barbeque. I was really doubtful that it stood a chance against my superior taste buds, considering Coach Green compared a student’s homemade brisket to his.

At first glance, it didn’t look all that good, but it smelled amazing. I looked as if it was thrown into the box like how a student does a major project the night before. However, when I tasted it for the first time, my mind was beyond blown. The first bite alone had me, and everyone else, drooling for more. The tenderness of the meat was unbelievable. The taste of the fat still resides in my taste buds. With every bite I took, it was a burst of sweet, juicy flavor. Every time I finished a piece, an urge for more arose. The texture on the outside was crispy, but soft, and almost creamy on the inside. Unlike KFC, this barbeque was actually ‘finger-lickin’ good.’

Now, I wasn’t the only who enjoyed this feast of greatness — the whole class of 18 tasted the brisket, and their reaction was unbelievable as well. They all circled around as if they were a pack of wild animals ready to feast on their prey. One by one, everyone got a piece and had a positive reaction to the outstanding taste.

If you haven’t tried his barbeque, then you don’t know the best barbeque in Mansfield. Don’t think he makes just beef. Coach Green can make more: chicken, pork, and supposedly pastries too. If you wanna try it for yourself, stop by JD’s Smokehouse and Southern Deli in Mansfield. 10/10 would eat again.

Khalid Ahmed
Khalid Ahmed, Staff Writer
My name is Khalid Ahmed, and I'm a sophomore. I'm 15 years old and in newspaper. I was born with a heart condition known as truncus arteriosus. I've gone through five surgeries. Four of them were open heart, and the most recent one was through catheterization. I'm really big sports fan, too! I'm a Mavs Fan For Life, a Cowboy fan, Rangers fan, Stars fan, and an FC Dallas fan! One thing that most people don't know about me when they first meet me is that I'm a Muslim, and I'm proud to be one! Growing up, I was always teased about my religion and used that to mold who I am today. I want to prove to the world that Muslims aren't what mainstream media portrays them to be. Another big thing about me is that I'm arguably the biggest Dragon Ball Z fan that you might ever meet! I love watching it! It taught me to never give up and to break through my limits! Also, I love to watch/read romance stories which, I admit, isn't really what most guys my age are into, but, hey, that's who I am, and I'm proud of it!
$3000
$5000