Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

Tennis Ends Season With Loss

Tennis Ends Season With Loss

Senior and varsity tennis player Elena Chudoba gives high fives as she and her fellow athletes prepare for the tennis match. Playing against Timberview, this game will decide whether the varsity tennis team participates in the district playoffs.

“I feel that this year’s team is fresh,” Chudoba said. “We really ‘click’ well together this year. Encouragement and friendships have grown from what they’ve been in the past, heightening our drive to do well as a team.”

Winning against Timberview 14-5, the tennis team earned a place in the district playoffs. Varsity tennis has made district playoffs every year since Legacy has been open. Consisting of several underclassmen, the team feels excited and proud of their achievements this year.

“This year our team is really young,” Chudoba said. “That makes it hard to play against older teams, which are majority upperclassmen, but overall I see the young players developing, which is always good.”

Up against Mansfield High School on Oct. 14, the tennis team played for the chance to advance to districts. With the final score at 10-1 , the Legacy tennis team suffered defeat. However, Chudoba doesn’t feel disappointed.

“I really enjoy tennis because it isn’t just a sport in which just skill alone helps you win,” Chudoba said. “One has to think to find weaknesses in the opponent, keep composure and play smart with enough skill to win. Legacy tennis is really a great organization and the coaches are incredible.”