10 Things to Look Forward to This Fall

Felicity Veliz, 11, lists the best parts of the Fall season
Photo by photo from pexels.com

Summer has finally come to an end and although we’ll miss the long sunny days, fall has many things to do.

Perfect weather
Fall weather ranges from not too hot to not too cold. You can usually wear a sweater and be comfortable, and you won’t have to worry about it being too hot, especially compared to summer weather in Texas.

Football season starts back up
The school spirit of everyone continues to be great, and the Broncos start off strong. Even if you don’t like football, going to the football games will always be a good place to spend time with friends.

Haunted houses
Who doesn’t love a good scare? Many great memories can be made in haunted houses. In Fort Worth, Texas, Cutting Edge has a great reputation for being one of the longest and scariest haunted houses in the country.

The beautiful colors outside
This season, the fall leaves look amazing — perfect picture weather. When you just want to go outside, the view never fails to look great.

Pumpkin everything

With Halloween and Thanksgiving around the corner, pumpkins pop up everywhere. Pumpkin pie, cookies and spice lattés really get the season started.

Favorite TV shows are back

Fall provokes lots of seasonal shows and movies on TV. The Nightmare Before Christmas, Halloweentown and It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown are great to watch during the season.

Oversized hoodies and sweatpants

You’ll find the most comfortable attire ever during the fall season. I usually dress in an oversized hoodie at least once a week. In the fall, you don’t need to worry about taking it off because you stay cozy and comfortable.

Cuddling

It’s the best weather to cuddle with your significant other, or pet or large stuffed animal. Whether it’s by the fire or while watching a scary movie, cuddling lets everyone stay warm.

Family time

Now when fall starts, holidays start. Fall will always be one of the best seasons to spend time with your friends and remind them how thankful you are for them.

Bonfires

No fall experience would be complete without bonfires. You can roast marshmallows and sing songs with your friends or family. Bonfires bring everyone together to have a good time.

Felicity Veliz
Felicity Veliz, Newspaper
Felicity was put into journalism class by mistake...Twice. Never did she expect writing to change her life forever. She’s currently a senior at Legacy High School and plans to attend the Arizona State University next Fall. Felicity finds blogs the most interesting to write because it’s a way to connect with her audience. Because writing has always been a passion of hers, she hopes her writing makes an impact in your life, just like it has in hers.