Bronco Baseball Heads to Regional Finals

(Sterling Greback Photo)

A monstrous “yeah!” echoed throughout DBU’s Horner Field as junior Aaron Johns threw the final Prosper Eagle out at first base. A painful and suffocating dogpile ensued, showing nothing but smiles and yells of happiness from each and every Bronco varsity baseball player. The seniors rushed to prom and the rest of the team followed tradition by celebrating the win at Rosa’s Cafe, the Bi-Regional Finals ended and the idea of the fifth round Regional Finals loomed heavily over team.

While Prosper High School proved to be a formidable opponent, Legacy triumphed in three games, with a one run comeback win. Starting the week’s practice on Memorial Day, the team practiced bunting and hitting curveballs, two things that will surely help in their upcoming series against Hallsville.  Marcus Perez enjoyed the short Monday practice, despite it taking place on a day off of school.

[see the photo gallery from the last playoff game]

“I believe that we will do just fine as long as we play our game the way we have played the entire season,” Perez said. “I am excited to play and I have confidence in all of my teammates.”

Game one will be played Thursday May 29, at 8 p.m. at Mesquite West High School, a neutral zone so neither team will have an advantage. No game will be played on friday because of Hallsville’s graduation, a game will take place in Mesquite on Saturday at 1 p.m. and, if needed, game three will take place directly after at 4:00.

Legacy fights hard for a chance to go to Round Rock for the state championship, a trip already planned for Wednesday June 4, but first they must win a three game series against Hallsville. As the weekend draws closer and tensions rise, each and every player are mentally and physically preparing to give it all they have to make Legacy history.