Band Hall Leaks Cause Problems

Water seeps through the walls as rain pours outside and puddles form at the feet of band members.  The autumn rain continues, making thoughts of scum and water damage cross the minds of students. The directors believe a leak has formed on the roof, but they can do nothing to fix the problem themselves.

“It’s disgusting, it’s inconvenient, and it smells like mold,” senior Ara Osbourne said.  “People aren’t using their lockers anymore because they have to walk through water.”

When rain hits, puddles leak from the bottom of the wall around two locker cages.  Even though the puddles only reach a small depth, they sometimes extend across the floor for 15 feet.

“Our custodians have been great,” associate band director Renee Goodwin said.  “This has been going on for about a month and they’ve been coming in here every day to check on us and mop it up.”

Although band directors do not see the flooding as a big problem, students dislike it.  Past puddles have ruined pieces of clothing and homework sitting at the bottom of the lockers.

“Every new building has its problems,” head band director Glenn Fugett said.  “This isn’t too bad.”

The district has contacted Legacy’s builders who are now at work to correct the problem.

$3000
$5000