Band Hosts Annual Golf Tournament

Legacy Broncos host third annual golf tournament.

Bronco Band members and the Bronco Band Boosters host their third annual golf tournament at Mansfield National Golf Club on April 12. The tournament is a four person scramble. Every player on each team will tee off the best shot out of the four people will be the one that counts and used for the next shot. Teams continue with all 18 holes and tally up the score at the end.

“We have had great success over the past two years and hope to have a better one this year,” Band Booster President Rayanna Sutton Hoeft said.

The $95 admission includes green fee, cart fee, a breakfast from Chick-fil-A, a lunch from Blue Mesa grill and a gift bag. Participants also get to use the driving range one hour before the start. The fundraiser includes a $10,000 reward for a hole-in-one shot, prizes for first, second and third place, as well as a prize for the longest drive and a Closest To the Pin (CTP).

Participants can also challenge “Larry the One-Armed Bandit” to win more prizes. Larry Alford  was a nationally-ranked junior golfer when he lost his arm in an automobile accident. He has continued to strive toward competing professionally on tour. Along the way, he has created the “One-armed Bandit” Challenge to help fundraise money for corporate and charity tournaments across the country while sharing his testimony to people through his inspirational speaking.

Another way to support the Legacy Bronco band is to enter the raffles for a chance to win prizes donated by the Legacy band sponsors. Participants do not have to be in the tournament to participate in the raffles.

“Our band has had an amazing year and we owe much of our success to the support of our terrific booster organization and the backing from sponsors in the community,” Director Glenn Fugett said.

Moses Gonzalez
Moses Gonzalez, Staff Writer
Hi, my name is Moses and I am flabbergasted to be joining the newspaper team this year. I am on the drum line and I am one of those people that believe band is life. I have a huge infatuation with the NFL and I can name you almost every offensive player on every team. Obsessed, don’t you think? I have 1 dog, 2 brothers and two sisters, and I live with my mom. I love long walks on the beach and Cici's pizza. [email protected]
$3000
$5000

$3000
$5000

• W

WalkerApr 16, 2014 at 11:49 am

I heard this was a fun event to go to.