Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

Band Hosts Annual Golf Tournament

Photo by Shayli Hollinger
Band students rehearse for a winter concert before their fourth-annual golf tournament.

To cover extra expenses and raise scholarship money for several band students, the Bronco Band will host a golf tournament at Mansfield National Golf Club on April 11 from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.

This will be the fourth time the band has hosted a fundraiser like this. Last year, the event was was able to raise $7,200 for the band program. To participate, players will pay a $120 registration fee which covers golf cart rental, the green fee, driving range, snacks, dinner and special tournament gifts. To register, visit their website and fill out the necessary forms.

Band students will perform at times in the event, as well as help players with their golf bags, service tables during and after dinner, station themselves at certain holes to help run tournament features and help distribute raffle prizes. The raffle will be open to everyone and will include prizes such as an Oklahoma Joe’s Grill from Lowe’s, $1000 worth of fireworks and more. Also, in the case that a participant makes a hole-in-one, he or she will receive a $13,000 Harley Davidson motorcycle.

Coach Melson and others from the Bronco Football Boosters will participate as well, displaying the fellowship of the Bronco football team with the Bronco band. A Mellow Mushroom golf cart will also be featured at the event, along with other sponsored amenities, such as tee box signs, green signs and GPS advertising in the golf carts. For questions about sponsoring the Bronco Band, interested business owners can contact Ron Jackson at 817-879-2499. Donations such as gift certificates for use in the raffle will be accepted as well.

Monica Salazar
Monica Salazar, Entertainment Editor
Hey, I'm Monica and I am the entertainment editor for The Rider. Writing has always been a part of my life and I'm glad that Newspaper gives me the outlet I need. I eat a lot of ice cream, so please buy me a pint of Ben & Jerry's. When I'm not stressing over Newspaper related things, I like to listen to music, read, write or chill out and watch Netflix until three in the morning.
Shayli Hollinger
Shayli Hollinger, Photographer
I have a mild obsession with Chick~fil~a and gossip girl. I am obsessed with Claire Gornall, and Tapanga Perrin. Also sweet tea, very sweet tea.
XOXO
gossip girl