Everything You Need to Know About the Solar Eclipse

LBTV: Library Installs Charging Stations

The Legacy library recently received a $3,000 grant from the PTSA to purchase charging station tables with stools for students to charge their devices at school. These are one of many enhancements added to the library for the student body to access.

“I believe that the charging stations embellish the library because they have added easily accessed power outlets that were not available before,” Head Librarian Pamela Pinkerton said.

As well as the charging stations, three additional power stips that have regular outlets and USB ports for students to charge their devices. In total, the library has added 68 outlets for students to use to fuel up their devices, a huge amount compared to the three available previously.

“I believe it’s important to have a place for students to charge their devices because the students were given the iPads to enhance their learning,” Ms. Pinkerton said. “Having a place for them to charge their devices is another service that the library can provide.”

Students may access the library to use these charging stations during class with a pass, lunch, senior late arrival/early release, when returning from Ben Barber or on Mondays during the library’s extended hours.

“I think the new charging stations are very beneficial to the [students],” sophomore Alyssa Crosby said. “I’m going to start going to the library now so I will be able to access them.”

Sara Gerges, News Editor
News editor. Short and sweet, just like this bio.
Graylin Rhoades, LBTV Executive Producer
I'm Graylin Rhoades, the senior Director for LBTV. I work on and supervise others in producing videos for the broadcast section of The Rider Online. You'll recognize me by my usual sideburns, and sometimes the camera I bring along to film. I enjoy taping the wide variety of events I go to, anything from the view of mountains to the fast action of a football game. hope to pursue engineering or film in college, and my goal is to get into a good school for both of those.