Athletics Programs Host Summer Camps

Senior Nathan Nowlin prepares to hit the tennis ball during an afternoon tennis practice. He and other tennis players will be working with the younger kids during the tennis camp June 27-30.
Photo by Emary Skoczlas

Interested in attending a summer sports camp? Get the update on camps being hosted by Legacy coaches and athletic alumni throughout the month of June.

Soccer
Former Legacy athletes, now at the collegiate level, will return to aid the development of skills and training of first-graders through incoming freshman on June 13-16. This summer will mark the third year Coach Smelley and Coach Keel have worked the soccer camp together as it increases in popularity. The first year, about 30 students showed up, then 80 showed up the second year. Keel and Smelley expect nearly 100 students to participate in the camp this summer as they continue to expand the soccer department.

Volleyball
Volleyball camp will be held from June 6-9 and costs $75 to register. Early registration before May 20 will only be $65. Students entering 3rd grade through 8th may attend, and are suggested to bring water bottles, court shoes, knee pads, athletic shorts and a t-shirt.

Girls’ Basketball
Elementary through middle school students are invited to attend the Legacy Girls’ Basketball camp held on June 13-16 from 8:30-12 pm. The cost is $75 and early registration before May 20 will only be $65. Students should recommend bringing water, athletic shorts, a t-shirt and court shoes.

Football
Incoming first graders through freshmen may attend football camp on June 6-9 from 8-12 pm. Registration will cost $75 and early registration before May 20 is only $65. At the end of a camp, all campers will receive a Legacy football t-shirt.

Boys’ Basketball
Elementary kids may attend the morning session of the Boys’ basketball camp on June 20-23 from 8-11:30 am. Middle schoolers will attend afternoon sessions from 1-4:30 pm. The camp fee is $75 and walk-ups the day of the camp are welcome. Students should bring court shoes, athletic shorts and a t-shirt. All campers will receive a Legacy basketball t-shirt at the end of the camp.

Tennis
Legacy will host the second tennis camp session on June 27-30 from 8:30-11:30 am. The camp fee is $75 and all students elementary through freshmen are invited.

Phillip Smith
Phillip Smith, Sports Editor
Hi, my name is Phillip Smith and I'm the Sports Editor for The Rider Online. I have been in journalism for three years, I'm on varsity basketball, and my favorite player was Kobe.
Emary Skoczlas
Emary Skoczlas, Social Media Director
My name is Emary(: FMOT: @skoczlas_