Advisory Changes Implemented to Encourage Attendance

Senior Citizens Tour Legacy

On April 26, Legacy along with other schools in MISD hosted their annual senior tour. Friends and family of MISD, 55 years and over, got to see various aspects of the district.

On April 26, Legacy along with other schools in MISD hosted their annual senior tour. Friends and family of MISD, 55 years and over, got to see various aspects of the district. Journalism Adviser Leland Mallett helped to organize the event. Throughout the day, 100 senior citizens saw how the schools in MISD operate on a daily basis.

“It is a great opportunity to show outsiders all the great things we do here at Legacy,” Mr. Mallett said. “It will probably be interesting for them to see what high school is like now.”

Starting at The Center, participants heard from the new orchestra program, received a lunch from Savvy’s bistro and had the opportunity to ask questions or get information on the upcoming bond election. During the tour, seniors citizens saw performances from JROTC, show choir and the theater department. For the past few days in classes like art teacher Mr. Shane Skinner’s, students have colored take-home cards with a personalized note.

“This is a great opportunity for two vastly different generations to interact,” Mr. Skinner said. “I am looking forward to them seeing our students creating their artwork.”

Journalism students acted as tour guides and showed the participants around the school. Junior Tori Greene helped with the event. They also taste-tested food from the cafeteria and saw a demonstration on the school lunches.

“It is cool to help because these people haven’t been in high school for a while,” Greene said. “They get to see how it works now compared to when they were in high school.”

Kathryn Pedroza
Kathryn Pedroza, Editor-In-Chief
"Kathryn with a K is so much better than Kathryn with a C"- Anne of Green Gables. Anyway, my life can be summed up in three things: showtunes, books and Jesus. I can talk forever about them if you'll let me.