Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Fab Lab
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Fab Lab

DC Comics’ Most Ridiculous Super Heroes and Villans

DC Comics Most Ridiculous Super Heroes and Villans

DC has been making super hero comics since 1935, long before Stan Lee started making super heros in 1961. DC made some of the most famous super heros of all time: Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Aqua Man, Green Lantern and Wonder Woman; as well as many other memorable characters. DC has also made some super heros and villans that are just terrible. DC made some characters that were so horrible and annoying that whenever they would be brought up people would just groan. Here are the five most ridiculous super heros and villans that DC ever created.

5.) Captain Nazi
Status: Villan
Real Name: Albrecht Krieger
Powers: Superhuman strength, above average speed, and invulnerability.

Captain Nazi first appeared in comics in 1941, go figure, he was a human weapon created by the Nazis to battle the Allies “costumed champions”. The Nazis considered him the epitome of perfection.

Why he is ridiculous: First off his first name has probably never been pronounced properly. Albrecht. It has to be a mixture of Albert and something German.Secondly he looks crazy.

He looks like something straight out of a bad Quentin Tarantino movie. Next to be made fun of are his powers. In particular stands out his above average speed. Everyone at a high school track meet has above average speed that really wouldn’t be a power seeing as how anyone who has ever done cardio can achieve it. Lets face it Captain Nazi was just like the Nazis, he was intimidating for awhile, but eventually Americans beat him up and everyone realized just how pathetic he really was.

4.) Dollman
Status: Hero
Real Name: Darrel Dane
Powers: Can shrink to a height of six inches while retaining his normal-size strength and he can fly.

Dollman was first seen in 1939. He was one of the first costumed superheros. Darrel Dane was a chemist who created a serum that could shrink living beings. After using it on himself he discovered he could shrink himself at will. He then became a superhero fighting bad guys and doing good deeds.

Why he is ridiculous.

He calls himself Dollman. Darrel Dane, a well respected chemist could not come up with something more creative than Dollman. He could have called himself something like Mr. Shrinko, The Amazing Figurine, or even Biggie Smalls but he decided to call himself Dollman. His powers seem pretty wimpy as well. He can shrink down to the size of an action figure and still have his regular strength that’s no big deal he can’t be that intimidating.

Now that I think about it, that seems pretty terrifying.

Basically take Barbie’s boyfriend Ken make him come to life then put him on steroids.

3.) Prez
Status: Hero
Real Name: Prez Rickard
Powers: Prez possesses a sunny, enthusiastic, and optimistic outlook on life that makes people instinctively want to trust him.

A blonde guy who needs a hair cut. It’s almost to easy.

In the DC Universe congress apparently changed the age people had to be President from 35 to 18. When this happened Prez Rickard took advantage of this. Nixon had just come out of office and at that point a inexpirenced 18 year old seemed like a blessing. Then Prez decided to make his best friends the head of the F.B.I, C.I.A, and what not. When in office Prez stopped a “New Cold War” and preached a new breed of pacifism.

Why he is ridiculous.

He literaly has no powers. Just because he has an enthusiastic personality does not make him a super hero. It’s called a good personality, but that does seem like something rare now. Also who names their child Prez? That’s such a strange name Prez. Well at least his name was not Fez.

“I said good day.”

2.) Detective Chimp
Status: Hero
Real Name: Bobo
Powers: Highly intelligent; can communicate with all forms of animal life.

Bobo was a simple monkey until he was brought to America by animal trainer Fred Thorpe. Later in his life Bobo traveled to the fountain of youth with Rex the wonder dog where he gained enhanced intelligence and the speech. When Fred Thorpe was murdered Bobo sprung into detective mode with Florida Sheriff Edward Chase. After the duo captured Thorpe’s killer Chase took on Bobo as a companion. The two have solved numerous cases since.

Usually with strange looks on their faces.

Why he is ridiculous.

There has and always will be only one animal detective that entertains me.

This guy.

Okay so he’s a monkey that talks and walks around with a magnifying glass. How does that make him a superhero? Detective Chimp is just Sherlock Holmes before evolution. Speaking of Robert Downey Jr. did I mention that Detective Chimp was a drunk?

1.) Ch’p
Status: Hero(deceased)
Real Name: Ch’p
Powers: Green Lantern power ring can project anything the bearer imagines.

Meet Ch’p.

Ch’p became the Green Lantern of Sector 1014 during an invasion of Crabster armies on his home world of H’lven. When Ch’p’s home world was altered he was cut out of the picture. Lonely, Ch’p went to serve with Hal Jordan and the other members of the earth branch of the Green Lantern Core.

Why he is ridiculous.

Look at him.

One more time.

He’s a squirrel with a bow tie.

Adorable factor: Young children would want to cuddle with him during a thunder storm.
Intimidation factor: Low.
Possibility of rabies: High.

Besides how wimpy Ch’p may be he still has a Green Lantern ring which makes Ch’p very powerful. Despite his Luigi overalls, bushy tail, and the way he talks Ch’p actually may not be that ridiculous. Then again next to his status it does say deceased. He probaly died fighting an army of talking Polar Bears with nukes or something right? Well according to DC he was hit by a yellow truck. Ridiculous.

View Comments (1)
$3000
$5000