Katie Smith

Walking through the long, crowded halls sophomore Katie Smith searches for her new class. Among the sea of students she’s lost and alone in the new environment but not for long. She sees one of her new friends and they walk to class together.

How is public school different than private school?
“ It’s really big compared to my 60 people in my grade. It’s really different, but you have to keep your guard up and don’t get involved with the wrong crowd. We used to go to Chapel every Wednesday it was cool to worship together.It’s also an opportunity to witness.”

Were you nervous about making new friends?
“ Kind of, this one day I was at lunch just sitting by my self and one of the varsity cheerleader’s came over and asked why are you sitting by yourself then I started to find people I know from my classes.”

What do you like about public school?
“I like the free dress part. I used to have to wear uniforms. I like having a bigger classes because there are just more people to interact with and I’m really social.”

Do you like cheer at public school better?
“ I was on varsity there because they did it by age. We do more stuff here and it’s bigger and the games are more exciting.”

Dini Wyatt
Dini Wyatt, News Editor
Hi I’m Dini. Its pronounced Dinny. I’m the News Editor for The Rider. This is my senior year and I’m glad to be back on staff. Besides newspaper I am involved in theater. Theater is my life, I love it. I am an only child so the people in newspaper and theater are like brothers and sisters to me, I don’t know what I would do without them. I love to read. My favorite series is the Harry Potter series. I’m the biggest Harry Potter nerd ever. I’m ready for another amazing year. [email protected]
$3000
$5000