Mallorie Carney

Mallorie Carney

Senior Mallorie Carney quickly opens the metal doors that lead to the theater hallway. Carney slides her feet slowly down the linoleum tile. Once she makes her way in front of the call board she looks up at the cast list for Running in the Red written by Karl Tiedemann. Carney searches for her name written in black ink on a white paper. When Carney realizes her name does not fall next to the lead a mix of emotions comes over her.

Carney auditioned hoping for the lead of Running in the Red, Eve Williams, a radio show host in her late 20’s but received the role of Nellie Simpson a maid in her middle ages that works for Eve.

“Everyone wants to be the lead of course and I just love the character of Eve,” Carney said. “I was just happy to be a part of the production, and I knew wherever Mac and Ferman placed me as was the right part.”

Junior Sarah McDonnell received the role of Eve Williams.

“Normally you would think that the lead would go to the senior,” Carney said. “This shows that Mac and Ferman are not biased. They are not just handing the lead role to a senior. They are giving the role to the person who fits the part the best.”

Realizing her passion for acting Carney decide to audition her junior year for the production of the Importance of Being Earnest. Carney did not receive a part in the Importance of Being Earnest but continued auditioning anyways.

“I have always been told that theatre is what I am good at,” Carney said. “The stage is always where I have felt the most comfortable. Standing in a theatre feels like home. You get the chance to put your life away for a while and become someone else.”

During Carney’s junior year she played the lead female role Elizabeth Proctor in the fall play, The Crucible, Romona Merengue in the musical Zombie Prom, and Diana in the One Act Play Lend Me a Tenor.

“Running in the Red is completely different from The Crucible because the The Crucible is dramatic and dark,” Carney said. “You have to express your emotions in your face instead of with words because people don’t understand the language as well.”

Hoping to make theater her profession when she grows up. Carney plans on attending college and majoring in musical theater. After college Carney wants to move to New York and audition for Broadway shows. If Carney’s plan fails she would like to become a high school theater teacher.

“I love everything about theater. I get to be myself but at the same time be a different person. Theatre is a place of no judgment,” Carney said. “It is nice to have a home away from home. When I step into a theatre I can be my true self and leave all the high school drama at the door.”

Carson Rahrig
Carson Rahrig, Personalities Editor
I am a pretty crazy person. I talk way too much and annoy everyone, but I guess my friends don’t mind! I laugh at pretty much anything anyone says or does. I am the person that laughs when I get in trouble (my parents are not really a fan of that). I always have a piece of gum handy, I am seriously addicted. Dancing has taken up every free second of my life since I was three, and I would not have it any other way. [email protected]
Zach Hutchison
Zach Hutchison, LBTV Executive Director
Hey, I'm Zach. I'm the Executive Director of LBTV. If you want to see me during the week, I'll probably be at one of three places. On Wednesday, I'll be at church. On Friday, I'll be at football and any other time I’ll probably be looking for a job or at home. On the weekends, I'm probably hanging out with my best bro Nick Gross or my best friend Bree. I drive a 2000 Honda Accord. If you ever see someone trying to race you or peeling out of a stoplight it’s probably me. I love filming and video and that’s basically it. [email protected]