Hannah Middleton

Hannah Middleton

Freshman Hannah Middleton takes a deep breath. She hears the audience cheering. Over the speakers Mrs. Holmes calls “The Freshman.” Middleton hesitantly steps onto the stage with her fellow improv members ready for another show.

Middleton, the only freshman, participates in Legacy Drama Department’s improv troupe, Mission Improvable.

“I love that it’s just so fun that’s the easiest way to explain it. Everybody is good at their own thing,” Middleton said. “But, when we all come together it’s like we have each others back, so it’s so much fun because it turns out to be funny in the end.”

After all three rounds of auditions Directors Melanie Holmes and Jeremy Ferman would cut people from the audition. Auditions consisted of the improv games Freeze and Remember That One Time.

“They said we want to see more from the people they had a list,” Middleton said. “When they said my name, I was so grateful.”

The morning the directors posted the cast list, Middleton woke up at five to see if she had made it.

“I was pretty sure I didn’t make it and then I viewed the list and I saw my name,” Middleton said. “I was so grateful, I was so happy when I made it.”

Before every show the troupe does warm-ups and goes over things, like being there to have each others backs and have fun. To calm her nerves Middleton talks with her mom, prays and jokes around to calm her nerves.

“I love making people laugh. everybody has a good time at the shows, and I think that’s great,” Middleton said.

After going through a list of several different names, the troupe decide to name her The Freshman.

“The Freshman, basically we decided to just kind of let it come, don’t try to force something on yourself,” Middleton said. “I like it because it does describe who I am being a little freshman.”

Dini Wyatt
Dini Wyatt, News Editor
Hi I’m Dini. Its pronounced Dinny. I’m the News Editor for The Rider. This is my senior year and I’m glad to be back on staff. Besides newspaper I am involved in theater. Theater is my life, I love it. I am an only child so the people in newspaper and theater are like brothers and sisters to me, I don’t know what I would do without them. I love to read. My favorite series is the Harry Potter series. I’m the biggest Harry Potter nerd ever. I’m ready for another amazing year. [email protected]