Jared Mcgee

Junior Jared Mcgee is the Free Safety for the varsity football team

Third down and ten yards to go for the Dallas Bryan Adams Cougars. The fans filling Newsom Stadium start to roar. Bryan Adams snaps the ball, nothing but the cracks and hits made by the two teams can be heard. The Quarterback rolls out to his right, spots a receiver and heaves it down field, but as soon as the ball looks like its about to be complete, a defender swoops in and intercepts it. After the catch the safety runs down field, makes a cut to his right and sprints as if his adrenaline could power a train. Speeding downfield the defender makes it to the end zone and the home team goes wild. His third interception of the night, and this one went for six. The player who possesses these play-making abilities is Jared Mcgee, a junior Free Safety on the varsity football team at Legacy High School. Our Legacy high school.

Two weeks ago the Legacy broncos needed a win to make it 2-1 for the first time in three years, and this was possible by the game played by McGee.

With McGee’s performance at a career best, he has set a school record for interceptions in a game by a single player. McGee had three interceptions (one for a touchdown) for the defenses total of four. To go with it, seven tackles and one assist.

“I just play for the team and I dont worry about my personal stats so much.” McGee said.

For this showcase, Mcgee was nominated for TexasFootball.com’s Grid Iron Player of the week for week three in all of Texas. This award is given to players around all of Texas who have an all around great performance to benefit their team. Last Week Jared rightfully earned his spot on the ballot.

“Its really an honor to be nominated for something like that (Player of the week),” McGee said.

$3000
$5000