Fab Lab
Fab Lab

Bri Rojas

Senior Bri Rojas is the captain for the group of girls and guys who assist any athlete who needs something from water to a help stretching out to wrapping an ankle.

The whistle blows, and a timeout is called. Senior Bri Rojas runs onto the field, water carrier and medical bag in hand as if her life depended on it. But it’s not her life that needs these necessities. The ones who need it are the players. Rojas is the captain for the group of girls and guys who assist any athlete who needs something from water to a help stretching out to wrapping an ankle. This was Rojas’ fourth year as a trainer.

“It was so much fun,” Rojas said. “I loved every part of it.”

Being an athletic trainer took up a lot of time. Just like an athlete for the sport the trainer tended to they must go to all after school practices and balance school work at the same time. Rojas has been with the football team her entire high school career and has helped as a manager as well.

“I definitely learned to manage my time the hard way,” Rojas said. “We had two games a week normally and including practice coming home tired just made doing school work even worse.”

Along with the late night games and the everyday practices the weather was anything but kind. Averaging an easy 95 degrees and more on a lot of days, trainers were on the practice fields, sleeves rolled up and sweat rolling down their cheeks just like the athletes.

“It had it’s ups and downs, just like anything,” Rojas said.

Because of time on the fields with the athletes everyday after school and sometimes even waking up in the mornings before school became the norm, Rojas and the trainers made many friendships with the athletes they cared to everyday.

“I’d have to say my favorite part would be the relationships I make with all of the athletes,” Rojas said.

Rojas and the training staff spend hours of each day during the week with all of the athletes. Being Captain of the trainers, Rojas made herself familiar with all of the players. Rojas met many different athletes and built different relationships. For instance Rojas has grown close to senior quarterback Brady Burke.

“All of the athletes are close with the trainers,” Burke said. “It’s almost as if they are a part of the team because they go everywhere we go.”

Rojas plans to continue being a trainer after high school. She will attend Midwestern State University in the fall and major in Athletic Training.

“I absolutely love sports and I love helping people and training was the perfect mix of the two,” Rojas said.

Maxwell Allsup
Maxwell Allsup, Staff Writer
Max, my name is Max... I think that I'm tall. I think that I can play football. I also deny that I am blonde. I really like Russian traditional music, and I love the new T-Swift song. Madison played it this morning, omg totes cried. I secretly love dance moms but its actually not a secret because I tell everyone. I also most definitely and completely undeniably have an immense amount of swagg. [email protected]
$3000
$5000