Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

Nathalie Gaona

Watching the stage intently for visual cues and listening carefully for audible ones, freshman Nathalie Gaona takes a deep breath.

Watching the stage intently for visual cues and listening carefully for audible ones, freshman Nathalie Gaona takes a deep breath. She presses the go button on the computer and the sound of a frozen water hose being crushed plays through two speakers on stage, symbolizing the freezing of a character.

“I like doing [sound], it’s exciting before the show [and] once you’re in the show, it’s slow and you know what you’re doing,” Gaona said.

Gaona took an interest in tech theater in middle school, and she asked theater director Jeremy Ferman if she could run sound for Jungalbook. Gaona also has an interest in graphic design and prepares designs for her mother’s insurance company on the side. She also enjoys the court process, and hopes to become a lawyer and then a senator when she grows up. Gaona manages her time between her two aspirations carefully.

“I prefer more challenging things, if there’s no challenge I get bored,” Gaona said.

During the summer, Gaona plans to intern once again at a law firm owned by her mother’s friend. At the law firm, she goes to court and gets the chance to see real trials. She believes this will help her get ahead in the law field when she grows up, and eventually, on her path to becoming a senator.

“It’s [interning] like a job, I’m really interested in it,” Gaona said.

When she’s not in court, in the sound booth, or on her computer making presentations, Gaona participates in multiple clubs in school. She is a member of Student Council, Key Club, and Environmental Club. Gaona balances all of her extracurricular activities with caution.

“It’s a lot, but it’s fun,” Gaona said. “It’s better than not having a life and not doing anything.”

Madison Fountain
Madison Fountain, Personalities Editor
Hey, this is Madison! I'm your personalities editor here on The Rider. It's my senior year, but I have been on staff since I was a young sophomore. I enjoy long, romantic walks to the fridge and doing backflips through the school hallway while singing showtunes loudly. Juuuust kidding... sort of. Anyway, I'm also very involved in theatre (I wonder if they'll let me keep this spelling on the website). I'm kind of loud and I get distracted easily sometimes, but I'm ready to work hard this year as an editor and make The Rider the best it has ever been. [email protected]