Varsity Football Makes School History, Advance to 4th Round of Playoffs

Kendall Catalon, 12, scans the field for an opening to pass the ball. (Brandon Bosecker photo)

Varsity football will advance to round four of playoffs after defeating Wakeland 42-10 at The Ford Center in Frisco. Senior kicker, Jacob Rowland, accounted for six points.

“Our message tonight was unity is power,” Rowland said. “We have some injuries that we’re battling, [but] fourth round is gonna look good.”

[Legacy vs. Wakeland Photo Gallery]

On Fri. Dec. 2 the Broncos will face Highland Park in the fourth round of playoffs. Highland Park currently holds a record of 11 wins and two losses. The Broncos kickoff at 5:30 p.m. at the AT&T Stadium. Senior Zadok Esters said the team will not let hype affect the way the team prepares.

“We have to stay focused on our goal,” Esters said. “Our goal is to make it to the state championship.”

The Broncos made a new school history making it past the third round of playoffs. Highland Park was defeated earlier this season by Waxahachie, who the Broncos defeated 45-33. Offensive Coach Nolan Crowdus said the Broncos have put in the work to be where they are.

“Our guys work real hard and they deserve every little bit of success they have,” Coach Crawdus said. “Same Friday. Different opponent.”

Senior and quarterback Kendall Catalon ran for 70 yards on the first play from scrimmage but later suffered a dislocated shoulder during the last play of the first half. He sat out the remainder of the game. Sophomore Jalen Catalon, Kendall’s brother, intercepted two passes in the second half of the game to shut down any hopes of Wakeland making a comeback.

“These guys deserve all of this,” Kendall said. “We’ve worked hard for this off season and on.”

Kendra Washington
Kendra Washington, Sports Editor
My name is Kendra Washington. I am a senior with a love for Jesus, writing, singing, football and people. I'm the Sports Editor for TheRiderOnline.com and a manager for Bronco football.
$3000
$5000

$3000
$5000

• L

Laurie ScottNov 26, 2016 at 9:53 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    GO BRONCOS!!