Album Review: Everybody Can’t Go by Benny the Butcher
All About the APs
All About the APs

MISD Presents Scholarship Opportunity for Seniors

Applications for the 2011-2012 MISD Multi-Scholarship Program are now being accepted online and in the counseling office. Seniors of all MISD high schools are encouraged to fill out and return an application to their counseling offices by February 24. Last year, over 50 scholarships were rewarded to qualified seniors throughout the district.

“This scholarship is like a one-stop shop for seniors,” Counselor Mendy Gregory said. “Seniors can fill out one application that goes to more than 25 different organizations and businesses in Mansfield.”

To qualify for a scholarship, students must be scheduled to graduate within the year of the awarded sholarship and must be registered as a full time college student within the next semester. Also, they cannot be a recipient of a full ride scholarship of any form. The community hopes to award as many scholarships as possible to qualified seniors.

Requirements for the scholarship program include a complete application packet, a one page resume or, in place of the resume, a completed honors and awards page and a single page essay, all of which must be turned in by February 24. No applications will be taken after the assigned day.