Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

Top 8 Prom Tips

Used with permission from Wikipedia.com
Used with permission from Wikipedia.com

Prom falls on May 24 this year, so if you’re stressing out about what to do, here are some helpful tips.

1. Don’t get behind on finding the right date
Prom is a huge opportunity to make a good impression on someone you like or gain some brownie points with your date. Make sure you’ve found the right person at least a few weeks prior.

2. Do follow old-fashioned etiquette
Etiquette will be expected at prom, especially in the south. For those of you who don’t know, this means holding the door for your date, letting her get into the limo first, picking up prom tickets, planning ahead, etc.

3. Don’t get too orange in preparation
I understand the need to be tan for all the pictures, but please don’t show up to prom looking like Snookie, unless you’re looking for an ratchet look..

4. Do show up sober
Roll up the right way: in a limousine with white tuxedos and doves. You don’t want to be that guy who everyone talks about because Cousins had to call your mom to pick you up early.

5. Don’t wear camouflage
Legacy won’t have stray shrubbery for you to lie and wait in for a decent ten-point buck. You might blend in and lose your date. Also, you aren’t helping the whole redneck/Legacy stereotype.

6. Do clean up nicely
Try your hardest to plan ahead and save up for a tux rental. Prom is meant to be an occasion where you look your best, so try to avoid wearing just a button up and jeans.

7. Don’t sweat it
If you’re nervous, don’t be. Go out and have fun with your date and friends and have a good time.

8. Get a limo soon
If you’re hoping to go to prom in a stereotypical sort of style, be sure to call about limousines before the day of prom. Prices can crank up faster than you might think. A good website to pick up your party bus is mansfieldlimoservice.com.

Kyle Manning
Kyle Manning, Staff Writer
Hey I'm Kyle and I play hockey. I have big feet, but small toes. I am awkward. I like to pick my nose in public. Oh, I took sumo wrestling as a child. I drive a Fiat 500. I enjoy boxing with my Capuchin monkey. [email protected]