NFL Draft 2014: The Craze Begins

The 2014 NFL Draft begins on May 8. Open-source photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmtip21/3440696788/.

The National Football League draft arrives soon, and Radio City Music Hall will be a fan-crazed party hall on Thursday, May 8 through Saturday, May 10. Every young athlete dreams of hearing their name called on draft night. Walking out of the green room, greeting the commissioner of the NFL and holding up their new team jersey. It’s a moment that no player ever forgets.

College football has a lot to offer to players this year. With close games, gutsy calls and underdog teams proving a point. NFL teams must choose wisely this year. Jameis Winston went from a household name to getting, potentially, in a great amount of trouble with the law for rape charges, then to winning the Heisman and a National Championship with Florida State University. People contemplated whether Johnny Manziel would stay at College Station or take his talents to the NFL. Mack Brown steps away and retires from the Texas Longhorns. Auburn beat Alabama on a field goal return of 109 yards with time expiring. The college football 2013 season could have been a year to remember but for some with bad memories, they want to forget.

Manziel had another amazing season for the Aggies; some people believed Manziel would win the Heisman for a second year in a row but he was ousted by Winstons 4057 yards and 40 touchdowns performance. The quarterback was considered a high risk high reward type of player. Manziel shocked fans yet again with 4,114 yards, 37 touchdowns and 1,410 rushing yards, which is better than his 2012 Heisman season 3,706 yards, 26 touchdowns and 759 rushing yards. Manziel accomplished 9,989 total yards, equating to 93 touchdowns in his two seasons. He is entering the NFL draft and hopes to be a top draft pick. 4057 40

There are some players that have a outstanding amount of talent , these include: Jadeveon Clowny, Jake Matthews, and quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and Johnny Manziel. People can argue which player are better, who will be a sleeper, who will be taken number one but only owner Bob McNair and the Texans know who they will select. After the Senior Bowl, Clowny received praise from the owner of the Texans. And after the NFL scouting combine(February 22-25) and pro days, teams will be locked in at who they will choose in the upcoming draft.

Every team except the Indianapolis Colts and the Washington Redskins have a first round draft pick. The draft order and team needs are different because nobody really knows what the team will do. Experts on drafts always have a different mock drafts than others. Some of the NFL.com’s experts have defensive end Jadeveon Clowney going first overall, but another has Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater jumping ahead at number one. One has offensive tackle Jake Matthews falling all the way to the tenth pick. Nobody knows which team will going to take the chance with Johnny Manziel.

Mark your calendar; May 8 will be one of the biggest nights in NFL with young stars who have worked hard enough to earn a place in history.

Austin Escalante
Austin Escalante, Staff Writer
My name is Austin Escalante, I am now a senior at Legacy High school. I am 17 years old. I was born and raised in Arizona, and this is the first time I have ever lived outside Arizona. I went to Verrado High School and was planing on never leaving Arizona unless I got my dream job. I've known all my friends for at least 3 years, some even more. My dad took a job here, and I was forced to move, leaving my girlfriend and other friends, and I had to quit my job. It seemed like nothing could get worse. It was over 1,000-mile drive that took us two days, 12 hours the first day and nine hours the second one. [email protected]