Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Photojournalism Heads to the Zoo
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

Softball Team Advances in Playoffs

Reagan Wright, 10, prepares to drive the ball.

The Legacy Bronco Softball team played strong and defeated the Tigers in a two game sweep. According to players, the Bronco offense and defense was a key aspect of the game.

“I feel good about how we played in the first round of playoffs,” sophomore Reagan Wright said. “We played well on all sides of the ball.”

Freshman Brittany Munoz played her first playoff game behind the plate.

“It was amazing playing my first playoff game as a freshman on varsity,” Munoz said. “It was the best feeling ever.”

The Bronco softball team spends time off the field together before every playoff game. Wright looks forward to get-togethers and feels as if it really boosts her potential in games.

“I look forward to getting to hang out with the team and spend time together,” Wright said. “Look at how much we can achieve as a team together.”

Sophomore Ta’Lyn Moody feels the energy level has increased dramatically and everyone has pushed for higher standards because they want to be close to perfect to win state. The Broncos focus on a good quality practice that hopefully leads them to a state championship.

“Playoffs are going well,” Moody said, “and you can definitely tell the difference in practice and play.”

The team has high expectations not only individually, but as a team. They count on one another to have a successful season to end in triumph. The Broncos focus on playoffs one team at a time and one game at a time. The Broncos will take on the Hallsville Bobcats in a three game series for the area playoffs title beginning on May 1 at 7 p.m. at Forney High School.

“Playing to my best ability and winning a state championship is what I’m looking forward to most,” Munoz said. “Playing against good teams and giving my heart out is what I hope to do.”

Ashley Richardson
Ashley Richardson, Sports Editor
My name is Cheeks, yes Cheeks, it's not weird. I am a senior and I am the sports section editor. I am socially awkward, kind of, don't judge me. You'll grow to love me, everybody does, eventually. It's a great day to save lives people (if you don't know what that means, I'm disappointed).