Everything You Need to Know About the Solar Eclipse

A New Game Plan: Legacy Welcomes New Coaches

Coach+Sam+give+Ryan+Johnson%2C+12%2C+instructions+for+the+next+play.+
Photo by Hillary Brown
Coach Sam give Ryan Johnson, 12, instructions for the next play.

Along with the shuffling of staff and new faculty members, Legacy has received a new Girls’ Athletic Coordinator along with nine new coaches.

Legacy’s new girls’ Athletic Coordinator, Michelle Morris, came to Legacy after coordinating at Cinco Ranch High in Katy, Texas. Morris is also now the Head Girls’ Basketball Coach.

“My expectations for the year are to play as a team and give 110% every day.” Morris said.

Shane Ferguson, the new football coach and Astronomy teacher, moved to Legacy for family reasons. At a closer distance than his previous school, Arlington Seguin, Legacy will provide a home for his son to eventually pass through.

“[To me] coaching means that you’re in a leadership position to help young grow into functioning individuals,” Ferguson said. “It’s not just about the sport but about life.”

While Ferguson views Legacy as an opportunity to better his family and his new athletes, Football Coach Joseph Sam views his upcoming coaching experience as a chance to improve a new group of student athletes.

“Legacy gave me the opportunity to coach at an awesome program,” Sam said. “Coaching is an opportunity to improve the lifestyle of a young man/woman in an arena that you and them enjoy.”

Kyle Manning
Kyle Manning, Staff Writer
Hey I'm Kyle and I play hockey. I have big feet, but small toes. I am awkward. I like to pick my nose in public. Oh, I took sumo wrestling as a child. I drive a Fiat 500. I enjoy boxing with my Capuchin monkey. [email protected]
Hillary Brown
Hillary Brown, Photographer
Hey, I'm Hillary Brown and I love cats! Just thinking about all those cats without someone to love them just makes me so sad, but nobody's got time for that. I'm shy when I first meet new people, but I'm crazy if you get to know me. Funny thing is, I love to hang out with friends, but I don't really like going to school events. Which is crazy since I'm on photo staff and I have to take pictures for almost everything that goes on here at Legacy. That's why this year one of my best friends is making me go to homecoming. I can't wait. I hope being on staff will help me not be as shy, but it might take a while. I love my journalism family. They are almost as awesome as Mallett is, but not yet. [email protected]