Things You Didn’t Know About Ebola

Microscopic image of Ebola.
Microscopic image of Ebola.

The average Ebola case fatality rate stands around 50%, however case fatalities have ranged from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.

There are currently no licensed Ebola vaccines but 2 potential vaccine candidates are undergoing evaluation.

The current Ebola outbreak affects West Africa most because of how widespread and intense it spreads there. The biggest outbreak occurred Liberia with over 3,500 people infected. Out of those that were infected in Liberia, almost 2,000 of them died.

The CDC admitted that the Ebola virus can travel through air, but they made that admission in a very sneaky and hard to find manner.

Ebola spreads through bodily fluids.

It’s unknown the natural host for Ebola, but researchers believe it to be the fruit bat.

People with the Ebola disease d0 not pose a threat of being infectious until they show symptoms.

Over 100 people will be tested for Ebola after possible interactions with the recent person diagnosed in Dallas, Texas.

Chlorine disinfection, heat, direct sunlight, soaps and detergents can kill the Ebola virus.

The Ebola virus is extremely rare. Among the leading causes of death in Africa, it only accounts for a tiny fraction. AIDS, respiratory infections, or diarrhea will likely kill more people than Ebola.

Zach Smith
Zach Smith, LBTV Staff
Zach Smith is not the normal high school student. His hobbies include disrupting the social norm, magic, making jewelry, and technical theatre. His favorite YouTube videos are the "true facts about..." video series. Further more, he is a member of the TAOM, Texas Association Of Magicians. This was all written in third person by the loving, awesome, and incredibly conceded, Zachary Smith. :D ps. I'm in Broadcast and makes all the cool videos. [email protected]
$3000
$5000