Golf Team to Compete at “Halloween In the Hill Country”

Golf Team to Compete at Halloween In the Hill Country

Stepping up to the tiny white ball, Senior Austin Rhodes lines up it’s future path. With one fluid, practiced motion, he swings to make a distinctive click of ball-first contact. The projectile sails over the course and drops onto the green.

Legacy golf gears up to compete in the Halloween in the Hill Country tournament on Friday, Oct. 31. The boys’ team has come up just short of a win for the past two years at Horseshoe Bay, but Coach Word maintains an intense confidence for the Bronco’s success.

“We finished second the last two years,” Word said. “So we are trying to get over that hill and win this sucker.”

Legacy will face opponents from 6-A schools like Keller and Southlake to Region 1 teams like Aledo. To better their chances of dealing with them, team has been working extensively on drills like the 40 yard pitch-shot.

“We’ve been working on our short game a lot,” Rhodes said. “I think it’ll definitely pay off come Friday.”

The 36 hole tournament will be split up into two eighteen hole days. Senior Chris Stephens feels that Rhodes and the rest of the broncos’ top five have the skills needed to come home with the win.

“We have a pretty solid top five,” Stephens said. “If they all have a good day, I think we can pull it off.”

Kyle Manning, Staff Writer
Hey I'm Kyle and I play hockey. I have big feet, but small toes. I am awkward. I like to pick my nose in public. Oh, I took sumo wrestling as a child. I drive a Fiat 500. I enjoy boxing with my Capuchin monkey. [email protected]