Jingle Books

A list of books to make your spirits fly
Celebrate the holidays with a good book.

As winter approaches, so does the time to curl up with a good book and a steaming mug of cocoa, so take time this winter to kick back and read some of these great books!

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Read about the most distinguished British detective in history and his companion Dr. Watson’s adventures as they solve unconventional mysteries and tangle with infamous criminals.

Nancy Drew
By Carolyn Keene
A light hearted series about a girl detective whose aspirations to become an investigative reporter mix her up in crimes she must also solve.

The Book Thief
By Markus Zusak
The story of a girl growing up in Nazi Germany, with the strange twist of personifying Death as the narrator.

The Outsiders
By S. E. Hinton
Pony Boy always tried to stay out of trouble but that proves impossible for him and his friend Johnny when the Socs start ganging up on the Greasers.

Terrier
By Tamora Pierce
The diary of Beka Cooper a 16 year old girl in the Provost’s Guard. The story takes place in Tortall with Beka detailing her work as a trannie (rookie police officer) and the trouble she gets into.

The Chase
By Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldburg
Those who love cops and robbers stories can find entertainment in the pages of The Chase. FBI agent Kate O’Hare tracks down criminals on the FBI’s top ten most wanted list but never imagined she might work with a criminal she put away.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
By J.K. Rowling
The first book of the famous Harry Potter series, anyone who loves getting sucked into another world through the pages of a book will be enthralled by this enchanting first book.

The Lightning Thief
By Rick Riordan
Anyone who enjoyed Harry Potter will love The Lightning Thief. Percy Jackson discovers the true identity of his father, the Greek god, making Percy a demigod. He must learn to survive in his new life at Camp Half Blood, go on a quest and save his mother and prove his innocence for a crime he did not commit.

To Kill a Mockingbird
By Harper Lee
Set in a small southern town this book details the youth of Scout, the daughter of Atticus Finch, a local lawyer during the trial of their life. Atticus must defend a black man the community despises, for a crime he did not commit. The book shows the effect of hatred on Scout’s life.

Robin Hood
By J. Walker McSpadden
Who doesn’t love a story about a good hero? Read the short original tales of Robin Hood, detailing how he rose to power and defeated the evil prince John with his band of Merry Men.