Snow Days

In the event of a late arrival, coaches will drive the bus routes.

No more snow days. MISD has changed the inclement weather policy and can now elect to have a two hour late school start time instead of taking the whole day off. The new policy will come into effect immediately and may be used whenever there is severe weather.

In cases of late arrivals, local media outlets will be notified and MISD coaches will be running the buses for students who need it. School will begin at 9:25 a.m. and students will report to their third period classes. School will follow the regular schedule for the remainder of the day.

Justine Vasquez
Justine Vasquez, Staff Writer
Hey guys! I'm Justine and this is my first time on the newspaper staff. I am looking forward to this school year. I am excited to be here, and I can’t wait to work with everyone. I know I’m not as talented in writing as some people, but I’m here. I like to dance and I am on the JV drill team. Go Silver Spurs! [email protected]
$3000
$5000

$3000
$5000

• T

tamikaJan 9, 2015 at 8:51 am

I disagree with this. It’s very dangerous. What if the roads aren’t cleared or good enough to drive on 2 hours later ? I think we should still have snow days,for our safety.

• J

Jenni DosterJan 8, 2015 at 8:51 am

This is not reasonable at all… Even if we wake up and it’s icy, That doesn’t mean in two hours it will just go away and become safe to drive to school? Especially the students who live more in the country and have to take back roads to get to Legacy..

• M

Miriam villalobosJan 8, 2015 at 8:47 am

I don’t think that you should hold it 2 hours only. I think that sometimes it may take a whole day to clear the roads good enough. I disagree to this new thing.

• K

Kendra.WJan 7, 2015 at 9:45 am

This is so not logical. Sometimes it takes days for the roads to be safe, two hours isn’t going to change anythimy about the safety of it.