Track Team Runs Off Of Previous Successes

Garrett Moore, 12, competes in the hurdles event during a track meet.
Photo by Mariah Marvicsin

Last year, the boys’ track team was a success. A few of the boys were able to go to state and compete and together the team brought back many achievements. With this year’s season starting, Coach Bates feels confident about the talent on the team and the direction the season will go.

“I think we have a great amount of talent on the team this year,” Coach Bates said. “I do believe that we will be able to bring home a few trophies.”

Many of the runners return from last year’s team and believe that they can go as far as they did last year and bring back more trophies. The guys are ready to take the track and push their bodies to the breaking point.

“I am feeling really excited for this season because I’ve never been so motivated and my teammates are motivated as well,” Jake Weith said.

Everyday after school the team practices that start at 3:15 and go from anywhere between 5:00 and 5:30 running laps upon laps and hills upon hills. Many times the guys want a break but they push themselves to go harder and push themselves further so that they can become better.

This season will be one to watch; the guys are excited and ready to compete against the other schools. They have been practicing and preparing their bodies, minds, and hearts for the season to come.

Although last year was a good season, the guys think they can do better. They are willing to stay everyday after school so that when the season starts up they will be ready.

“This year we have a strong team from sprinters to distance runners so we’ve got a solid group of guys,” Weith said.

Anna Jordan
Anna Jordan, Staff Writer
Hey I'm Anna Jordan and I am going to keep this short and sweet just like me. I am a senior and have been apart of the Newspaper department for three years.