Album Review: Everybody Can’t Go by Benny the Butcher
All About the APs
All About the APs

A Helping Hand: Trainers Assist Athletes

Kaitlyn Lynch, 11, assists players during a varsity football game.
Photo by Adriance Rhoades

Meghan Qualls drags herself out of bed and scrambles to find the lamp switch to turn on the light. ​Monday. 5 a.m. pitch black outside: The beginning of a long day. As the morning sky starts to fade into a lighter shade of dark blue, senior Meghan Qualls throws on her sweatshirt and heads downstairs.

“I love to be busy,” Qualls said. “It helps me gain more experience for college.”

Now 6 a.m, she grabs her book bag and leaves for school. The sun peeks through the faded sky. Qualls gets out of the car and heads to school for a day of work.

“I take a lot of courses,” Qualls said. “But at the end of the day it doesn’t really feel like it.”

For many trainers this is how their normal day goes, they wake up, get dressed, head to school and then stay a couple of hours after school working their sports. For senior Kennedy Wynn training has been a great use of her time and she loves being apart of the program.

“My experience as a trainer has been very rewarding,” Wynn said .

All of the trainers work at least two sports a year and the first sport most of the trainers work is football and then work a second sport that falls after football. For some people that sport might be basketball or soccer and for others they would do softball, track, and baseball. Hunter Galloway one of the trainers for baseball spends his days after school working with the freshman boys baseball team.

“My daily routine is basically just to help in any way I am asked and to make sure the players have water,” Galloway said.

Trainers work everyday to make sure that the athletes have what they need.Whether they need to have something wrapped or just a sip of water. The training program takes their job very seriously and are always trying to make it better. Senior Kiona Clark spends her time after school at training.

“I really enjoy seeing my trainers and the team all the time, the season gives us all a chance a to become closer,” Clark said.

Training takes dedication and professionalism to last in the program. There are around fifteen trainers in the program as of now and all have grown close through the year.

“Training and going to the practices are the best times of my life,” Wynn said.

Anna Jordan, Staff Writer
Hey I'm Anna Jordan and I am going to keep this short and sweet just like me. I am a senior and have been apart of the Newspaper department for three years.