Album Review: Everybody Can’t Go by Benny the Butcher
All About the APs
All About the APs

5 Music Festivals To Attend This Year

From rock to country or punk to rap, these musical festivals appeal to everyone.
Photo by Wikimedia Commons photo | commons.wikimedia.org | Used with permission

Some of the most famous music festivals begin in March, giving you the opportunity to spend some time with friends while hearing some of your favorite artists play live. Take a look at the list below to discover which ones match your music taste.

SXSW
SXSX, also known as South by Southwest, provides music of all likings, films to watch and many interactive things to do, like gaming expos. This festival takes place in Austin in the middle of downtown. SXSW got a lot of publicity around the country since it started in 1987 due to its enormity. This festival will take place from March 13 to 22.

UME
UME, or Ultimate Music Experience, continues for their fifth year at South Padre Island, and takes place inside Schlitterbahn Waterpark. Some of the featured DJs include Tiesto, Hardwell and David Guetta. This festival will run from March 19 to 21.

Rio Frio Fest
Rio Frio Fest, a country music festival in Concan, will take place March 17 to 21. This concerts’ wooded locale provides lodges and camping grounds for its festival goers. This year, musical artists like Cody Johnson and the Rockin’ CJB, Roger Creager and the Turnpike Troubadours will perform.

ACL
Austin City Limits will take place during two weekends this fall; Oct. 2 to 4 and Oct. 11 to 13. ACL entertains the concert goers of Zilker Park, located in the south side of Austin, every year since 2002. This music fest brings in music performers ranging from rock to electronica and from indie to country genres.

Fun Fun Fun Fest
Yet another festival taking place in Austin. Fun Fun Fun Fest will occur Nov. 7 through Nov. 9 of 2015. Some singers and bands planning to perform at this year’s festival include Cashmere Cat, Foxygen and Helm.