9 Things To Do This Summer

Taking a dip in the pool can cool you down on a hot summer day.
Photo by (PixBay.com | used with permission)

With the weather getting warmer and the school year coming to an end, the summer vibe has begun to surround us. Check out the list below for things to do during your time off.

Soak up the Sun

Relieve yourself of the severe wintry weather that hit us these past couple of months by soaking up the sun outside. You’ll definitely be able to achieve that summer tan of your dreams.

Go Swimming

Cool off from the Texas heat by relaxing at a pool, lake, beach or waterpark. Nearby pools, lakes and water parks include Hurricane Harbor, Hawaiian Falls, Joe Pool Lake and Allen Bolden Outdoor Pool. If you prefer having the sand beneath your toes, Galveston Island, Port Aransas and North Beach are only a few hours’ drive.

Go to Community Events

Mansfield offers several special community events throughout the summer at their libraries, recreation centers and parks. Make sure to check out the City of Mansfield calendar and special events page often for the dates of these events.

Participate in Community Service  

Give back to the community this summer by participating in community service. Organizations like The Mansfield Public Library and Mission Arlington offer opportunities to volunteer regularly.

Travel

Whether it be a road trip with your friends or a plane ride to a tropical destination, make use of this summer vacation and explore the world by traveling.

Visit a College

Take advantage of the extra time you have by scheduling a college visit. Visiting a college will help you gain perspective on the reality of college and will provide you the opportunity to talk to the admissions counselors to answer your questions.

Sleep

Let’s be real, it has been a struggle waking up on time to get to school by 7:25. Reward yourself by catching up on sleep this summer.

Visit an Amusement Park

Have fun in the sun while having a thrilling time by visiting an amusement park. Nearby amusement parks include Six Flags Over Texas, Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park and Sandy Lake Amusement Park.

Get a Summer Job

Put all that extra time on your hands to good use and apply for a job. Various local businesses offer summer jobs; a list of these businesses can be found here.