10 Songs To Listen To Every Day

Portugal. The Man performs one of their songs at a recent concert.
Photo by (Photo by kingArthur_aus via Flickr cc.)

Gather round and get ready to be educated kids. Chances are we like different things but if by the grace of God you were gifted with impeccable taste in music, these songs are for you. If you like any of these songs I highly recommend you check out the artist behind it for hours of new tunes.

Glory Box by Portishead

Portishead is the bomb.com and this song will make people want to kiss your face, guaranteed. You’ll understand when you hear it.

What I Might Do by Ben Pearce

Afros make better music. It’s science.

Worthy by Mr Jacob Banks

If you play this in quick succession with the previously mentioned song, it works nicely. Pair these up in any playlist as soon as you can.

Happy Idiot by TV on the Radio

The good thing about being young is that TV on the Radio put other stuff out in 2003 but it all sounds new to me. Go buy all their stuff.

Wolf Like Me by TV on the Radio vs. the XX

This is actually TV on the radio’s song layered over the XX’s “intro song.” These dope songs and artists work strangely well together. This one can only be found on SoundCloud. If you haven’t made a SoundCloud yet, please leave.

Walking With a Ghost by Tegan and Sara

Probably the only one of theirs I’ve heard that I liked but still worth checking out.

Gooey by Glass Animals

I’m getting kind of hipster with my music choice but hey.

I Turn My Camera On by Spoon

These guys are so lowkey and I can’t wrap my head around why that is. Speaking of not understanding, other good stuff by Spoon includes “I Just Don’t Understand.”

Evil Friends by Portugal. The Man

Man I can’t speak enough praise about this group. If you like this, check out “Atomic Man” from the same album. Very dope.

Change by Flume

Flume is very solid. It also makes a great playlist when doing any sort of work because of the usual lack of words. I know I’ve told you already to check out all of these artists, but if you could only pick one, this would be it. Buy his entire debut album titled “Flume,” it will be worth it.