5 Fall Activities

5 Fall Activities
Photo by (photo by Lali Masriera via Flickr cc.)

The leaves start to change, the air turns cold and pumpkins appear everywhere. With fall just around the corner, you will need to transition from summer activities to fall-friendly activities. Check out these ways to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.

Watch Movies

Hocus Pocus (1993)

A teenager and his family have recently moved to a small town that loves Halloween and believes in the old folk’s tale about the Salem Witch Trials. As Halloween night approaches the boy goes on an adventure with a girl from his school who takes him to where the old witches used to live. The brother breaks in and lights the candle that resurrects the witches. A few minutes later, all the stories they had been told comes to life and they find themselves trying to defeat the witches.

Halloweentown (1998)

A teenage girl discovers her witch heritage when her grandmother pays her a visit. Her grandmother leaves at the end of the night, and as her grandmother says her goodbyes the girl and her two siblings sneak onto the bus that will take them to a completely different realm where her grandmother lives. While they spend time in this town, a dark force takes over the people of the town and the three of them have to defeat the dark force and save Halloweentown.

The Poltergeist (2015)

A family who moves into their new home in the suburbs starts to see and feel shifts in the living environment around them. The longer the family stays in the house the more the little girl changes. Later in the movie the apparition that has been haunting their home takes over the girl’s body. Much like the original, this script sticks to the same plot but features some new surprises.

The Ring (2002)

The movie begins with two girls at home alone, when all of a sudden the phone rings and no one makes a sound on the other side. The girls become scared and then one of them dies. The family of the deceased girl calls in a family friend who happens to also be a journalist to try and find out what happened to their daughter. The journalists findings from the investigation are surprising and all lead back to one video tape.

Places To Go:

Boo Bash

A family fun event held in Mansfield that includes trick or treating and other fun Halloween festivities. They will be hosting it on October 24, 2015 at the Mansfield Activities Center. There will be tons of activities for children such as bobbing for apples, races and other games, along with a great supply of candy.

Autumn at the Arboretum

The Autumn at the Arboretum found in Dallas changes conventional gardens into a pumpkin wonderland. The gardens opened on September 19th and will be open until November 25th. They get rid of all of the summer colors and integrate the fall colors. A great place for families to walk around and see all the things people have done with pumpkins.

The State Fair

The State Fair has come back to Texas and pulls in over three million people each year. The fair offers rides, games and little boutiques that will create fun family memories. The fair will be open starting September 25 and will run until October 18th. The park has a lot to offer for friends and families to enjoy for the whole day. Don’t forget to try all the crazy fried foods they will be selling.

Six Flags  

Fright Fest will officially start on September 26th and will be opened until November 1st. The park offers many different attractions this year that will keep you on edge. Six Flags has brought in some new attractions but has kept some from the past years. The park will be offering spooky shows, haunted houses and thrilling rides accompanied by ghosts of old guests.