Rylee Cortines

Photo by Madison Rodgers
Junior Rylee Cortines models and sings in her free time

Lights flashing in junior Rylee Cortines’ face as she gets ready for another picture. As the photographers position her into a new pose, she smiles to herself thinking about how lucky she is to be blessed with so many opportunities.

Cortines signed with Clutts Modeling Agency and models freelancing in her free time. Alongside that, she has recently released her new single “A Moment to Memory.” Cortines began to cheer at a young age and continues to cheer for Legacy’s varsity team.

“You could say my life is a little hectic,” Cortines said. “It’s definitely a lot to handle, but I love doing this.”

Cortines started modeling young, but didn’t become passionate about it until she got older. She was introduced to a more serious and professional agencies that allowed her to gain more experience. Once she started to adjust her career in modeling, she gained interest in the music industry and started producing in studios.

“You’d think growing up like this would be hard, but I had so much fun,” Cortines said. “It was enjoyable to experience this throughout my childhood.”

Though Cortines is devoted to both cheer and modeling, she has a special passion for singing. Whether it’s recording in the studio or on her free time, singing is always something Cortines looks forward to.

“I’ve been singing since I could talk,” Cortines said. “It’s always something I go to a lot when I’m stressed or something is bothering me.”

Along with modeling photo shoots, recording singles, and cheer practice, Cortines also looks forward to college. With so much going on in her life, she looks to the support of her parents.

“We’re here biggest fans,” Teri Cortines said. “We always thought the idea of her making it ‘Big Time’ seemed a little far fetched, but now it’s a great possibility.”

Cortines hopes to produce more songs and aspires to do something in the arts professionally once she gets older. She hopes to model and continue her passion for singing.

“Singing is definitely something I want to continue professionally,” Cortines said. “I can’t wait to see where it takes me.”