5 Ways to Sport School Spirit

Ben Ritter, 12, cheers with friends in the student section at the football game against Summit.
Photo by Aisha DeBurr

With the 2015 football season in full swing, the football team needs energy and spirit from the fans. Check out these five ways to show school spirit during this season’s football games.

Wear Legacy Apparel
Whenever you go to a football game, you see most of the crowd wearing clothes with their school mascot on it. Finding a shirt with our mascot on it should not be hard at all. Any kind of locally owned store could sell Legacy clothes or you could purchase shirts from the StuCo store here at Legacy.

Bring A Cowbell
At any Legacy football game, there continues to be at least one cowbell ringing in the crowd. The cowbell remains important because Legacy high school was built on the old Kowbell Arena. A cowbell can be a little harder to find but mostly any school spirit store will sell these, or on occasion Legacy Student Media and The Rider give these out.

Prepare Your Voice
Any time during a football game when our team scores, the crowd jumps up and screams at the top of their lungs to celebrate. Many times after a football game, your voice will be raspy which shows that you cheered enough.

Bring Your Friends
Whether you have one friend or ten, the football team needs as much noise as possible to cheer them on. The more noise, the better. You also get to enjoy the game with your friends and make memories that last a lifetime.

Make A Cool Sign
Every student section has at least one sign to hold up. You could make a variety of different signs. Put faces on them, your favorite player’s number or something encouraging the team to do their best.

Aisha DeBurr, The Arena Photo Editor
Hello! My name is Aisha DeBurr, the last name's French. I like to cheer, watch tv, and take pictures. Anyways, that's me, okay, bye.
$3000
$5000

$3000
$5000

• C

Coach HarrellOct 12, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Don’t be afraid to do these things at all the sports games. We would all love to have y’all out in support. Also usually tiger tails on Main Street has a ton of apparel and I think they sell cowbells.