Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond
Early Voting Begins for Proposed Bond

Players by the Numbers: Football Fights for Playoff Spot

Varsity football plays Timberview and Red Oak for the end of district play.
Photo by Brandon Bosecker

Varsity football needs to win the next two games, in order to qualify for playoffs this season. Their next two opponents, Timberview and Red Oak, are both district games. The Broncos play Timberview Oct. 31 and Red Oak Nov. 17. On average, Legacy has scored 42 touchdowns this season totaling to 314 points. Last season they lost to Timberview 35-20, but won against Red Oak 33-30. Football assistant coach, Michael Keel, has faith in the Broncos this year.

“I believe we will make playoffs,” Coach Keel said

Junior wide receiver Trent Mcdonald holds the highest number of receiving yards in the district, with 356 for the season. Junior quarterback Kendall Catalon has 1,026 passing yards this season giving him the fourth highest number in the district and the fifth highest number of rushing yards, averaging 146.6 per game.

Defensive backs Jermaine Brealy and Treylin Brooks claim third and fourth for most interceptions, both players are juniors. Junior running back Kameron Session holds the second highest number of rushing yards and scored points in the district, averaging 147.7 and 66 total this season. Senior linebacker Garrett Brantley holds the fourth highest number of sacks in the district.

“I believe that our chances for playoffs is very high,” Brantley said “We’ve had a really good week of practice, probably the most upbeat practice we’ve had all season.”

Red Oak is currently 0-8 and 0-5 in the district. Last season Red Oak was 0-10 at the end of the season and 0-7 in the district. Red Oak’s quarterback Chris Bugg is currently fifth in the district for passing yards having had 696 this season. Timberview is currently 4-4 overall and 2-3 in our district. Timberview finished 10-2 overall and 7-0 in the district last season. Timberview has scored 32 touchdowns this season. Timberview’s quarterback Devin Williams is currently first in district for passing yards, having made 1,327 this season. Timberview’s wide receiver, Braylon Royals, holds the highest number of receiving yards with 395 this season.

Kendra Washington
Kendra Washington, Sports Editor
My name is Kendra Washington. I am a senior with a love for Jesus, writing, singing, football and people. I'm the Sports Editor for TheRiderOnline.com and a manager for Bronco football.
Brandon Bosecker
Brandon Bosecker, Photographer
Hello my name is Brandon...if you want to know more ask me