7 Things To Do: November 2015

X Ambassadors new album, VHS, came out on June 30, 2015.
Photo by (Photo by Abby Gillardi via Flickr cc.)
X Ambassador’s new album, VHS, came out on June 30, 2015.

With Halloween now over, Christmas will be here soon. November should be a time to prepare for Christmas while also being thankful for the things you have in your life as you celebrate Thanksgiving. If you want to do more than that, take a look at the list below to get some ideas for the month of November.

AWOLNATION
To see hits like “I Am” and “Holy Roller” from their new album Run performed live, get tickets to see AWOLNATION on November 5. The concert will be at the South Side Ballroom in Dallas and will feature Meg Myers as the opening act.

X Ambassadors
You’ve heard Renegades played on the radio by now, and you probably loved it. To see it performed live, along with Jungle and other tracks from X Ambassador’s album VHS, get tickets to their show at the House of Blues in Dallas on November 10.

Mavericks vs. Clippers
If you enjoy basketball, the Mavericks in particular, and want to support your city’s team, get tickets to the game against the Los Angeles Clippers on November 11 at the American Airlines Center. The game will take place at the American Airlines Center and will surely be entertaining considering the current high standings of the Clippers.

The Giving Market
The holidays require you to buy gifts for your friends and family, so why not help out the less fortunate while stocking up on those gifts? You can do just that by shopping at The Giving Market on November 14. The Market will include a variety of sellers who support a variety of causes. For example, one of the recently announced vendors, Roma Boots, donates one pair of boots (full of educational supplies) to a child who needs them.

Toy Wrap
Make sure to think about the less fortunate and do what you can to make the holidays easier for a few families in need. America’s Toy Wrap presents you with an opportunity to do so by wrapping presents for children in need. The event on November 21 doesn’t cost anything, but you will need to register in advance if you plan to go.

Think Inside The Box
In addition to the Toy Wrap, Children’s Hunger Fund has also created Think Outside The Box. Every 25 cents donated provides one meal to someone in need, and $12 will supply a family with a box full of 48 meals that will help them get the nutrients they need. This fundraiser will only continue until the end of December, so make sure to donate as soon as possible.

Macy’s Grand Tree Lighting Celebration
If you listen to Christmas music year-round and really cannot wait for the holiday, this event will be a must-see for you. A Grand Tree Lighting Celebration at the Galleria can be a great way to officially start the Christmas season with your friends and family. It will feature performances from a skating Santa Claus and Olympic Skaters Meryl Davis and Charlie White. Afterwards, take some time to skate around the 95-foot-tall Christmas tree yourself and get into the Christmas spirit on November 28.