The Perfect Turkey Day Meal

The Perfect Turkey Day Meal

Nothing screams Thanksgiving like a nice freshly-cooked turkey. Turkey and stuffing seems to be what everyone has planned for their meal, but what if you could change it up and make the meal a little more interesting? Check out these new ways to spice up your Thanksgiving meal.

Ranch-Seasoned Roast Turkey

For families who crave a different type of turkey, this one could be worth a try. This turkey doesn’t require much more work than the traditional Thanksgiving turkey. You only need to preheat your oven to 325 degrees and follow the rest of the easy directions to put a twist on your main course. Ranch seasoning and turkey will be all you need this thanksgiving to make the perfect meal.

Country Cornbread Dressing with Pecans
If you enjoy pecans and bread, this dish should be on your list of things to make for Thanksgiving. This cornbread dressing includes pecans, cornbread, sage and thyme leaves, a perfect meal for people who crave a non-traditional dressing. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, spray your pan with nonstick cooking spray and follow the rest of the directions for this dish.

Pumpkin Pie
Although this recipe seems like that of any other pumpkin pie, it has a different take on the traditional pie. With a different pie crust and some different ingredients, such as sweet condensed milk, your pie will taste out of this world. Grab a medium bowl and follow these instructions in order to be the favorite family member this Thanksgiving.

Green Bean Casserole
Paula Deen’s recipe takes green beans back to the deep south. If you have been looking for a good home-style dish, then this recipe was made for you. You will surely impress your family and friends this Thanksgiving with this mix of butter and fresh green beans. Melt the butter in a large skillet, boil green beans and chicken broth for 10 minutes and check out these directions for a detailed description.

Sweet Potatoes
This southern style dish would go with any meal planned for Thanksgiving. Aida Mollenkamp took a traditional home cooked meal and made it into the perfect Thanksgiving side dish. Follow the recipe to achieve an awesome addition to your Thanksgiving feast.

Anna Jordan
Anna Jordan, Staff Writer
Hey I'm Anna Jordan and I am going to keep this short and sweet just like me. I am a senior and have been apart of the Newspaper department for three years.