5 Tips To Tackle Black Friday

Black Friday has the potential to be a stressful event, but with these tips, it can be hassle-free.
Photo by Maddy Brown

Black Friday serves as a time for deals, discounts and savings. For most people, it would be considered a great time to get Christmas presents ahead of time, or to get something for yourself. Look below for a few ways to make the most of your Black Friday savings.

Bring The Ads
To remember the specific item you came for and the price they advertised, bring the ad to the store with you. If anything, it’ll contribute to your argument if you find that anything was falsely advertised.

Have A Plan
Plan to go to your favorite stores first, as well as the ones with the best deals since they will probably run out of their deals first. Remember to plan on going to a variety of stores to pick up a variety of things.

Keep Your Options Open
You will probably have a few necessary items on your list. In case you have your eye on something specific, plan time to go to other stores to find it. You don’t want to go to one store and discover that they ran out, and then have no idea where else to go in order to find it. Make sure you know of multiple stores with good deals on that item for a back-up plan.

Compare Prices
Look at websites and ads for stores that sell similar products and see which sells which merchandise for less to save additional money. What they sell for a bargain at one store could be being sold for a steal at another, and you’ll want to leave with as much money in your pocket as possible.

Choose Wisely
Many stores have customer loyalty policies or memberships, which provide regulars with exclusive deals and discounts. Get memberships with new stores now and check to see if the stores you already have a membership with have special offers. This will allow you to buy more presents for your family and friends with the money you save.

Ava Green
Ava Green, Staff Writer
My full name is Ava Noel Green, but everyone just calls me Ava. I'm a junior this year, and its my third year playing clarinet in the marching band and second year writing in newspaper. I love healthy food, chocolate, and all animals, but none more than elephants. I also really enjoy instant photography. I'm looking forward to writing and sharing this year!
Nathalie Gaona
Nathalie Gaona, LBTV Director
Sup guys! My name is Nathalie Gaona. I'm president of Legacy High School's Environmental Club and vice president of NHS. I also participate in some other not as relevant activities. I want to pursue a career in the film industry and unfortunately attend t.u. in hopes of transferring to the University of Southern California.
Pedro Rocha
Pedro Rocha, LBTV Staffer
I am Pedro Rocha, I am an aspiring film maker working on something at all times.
I love writing, filming and editing with a passion, as well as exploring the outside world.
TV and Film has in many ways shaped me into the person I am today, some of my favorite
movies and TV shows are Fight Club, Silver Lining's Playbook, Boyhood, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. I hope to grow as a person and film maker this year and hopefully use it later on in life.
Maddy Brown
Maddy Brown, Photo Editor
TAMU '20