Boys’ Basketball Seniors Focus on Final Season

Benjamin Ritter, 12, waits to rebound a free throw verses Richardson High School.
Photo by Nikki Dimanche

Dribbling the ball down the court, senior Tanner Neufeldt, shooting guard, shoots and scores for the Broncos. With district starting Tuesday Dec. 15, the team prepares for the tough competition that stands ahead.

“It’s supposed to be tough,” Neufeldt said. “We are in one of the toughest districts in Texas.”

Neufeldt enjoys the competitiveness that the sport brings, and says that he wants a successful season, with this being his senior year. Senior Craig Gann, small forward, thinks that Lake Ridge brings the most competition this season.

“We know a lot of people who play on that team,” Gann said, “and you always want to beat your friends.”

The student section brings energy to the court, encouraging the players to want to perform good for the crowd. Both Neufeldt and Gann said that the student section makes them ready to play, and they expect them to be at the games this season.

“I want the student section to support us through the good and the bad games,” Gann said.

The Broncos started district by defeating Ennis 71-52. With this being Neufeldts final season, he feels like he takes on more of a leadership role than the previous years. Gann sets his hopes on playoffs this season to end his final year on a good note.

“It’s gotten a lot more serious,” Gann said. “I want to do big things since it’s my last year here.”

Ashley Richardson
Ashley Richardson, Sports Editor
My name is Cheeks, yes Cheeks, it's not weird. I am a senior and I am the sports section editor. I am socially awkward, kind of, don't judge me. You'll grow to love me, everybody does, eventually. It's a great day to save lives people (if you don't know what that means, I'm disappointed).