Alondra White

Alondra White frequently travels
Photo by Maddy Brown
Alondra White frequently travels

Change is nothing new to junior Alondra White. As she walked in Legacy high school’s doors for the first time her freshman year, she added Mansfield to her list of places she has moved to. At first she just moved from school to school, but the moves became more frequent as her parents began to separate and get back together.

“I don’t remember my first move because I was too young,” White said. “The first move I actually remember was to a school district where all of my friends were, so I didn’t mind it that much.”

White has traveled to Arlington, Grand Prairie, Dallas, and Nashville, Tennessee. She started moving when she was just four years old and has continued to do so up until now. Although she has shifted schools several times, White remembers her favorite place.

“I really liked living in Nashville,” White said. “We used to drive around to see what we could find downtown.”

For six months White lived in Nashville, the “Music City”. She enjoyed the Opry Mills Mall and visiting downtown. One of her favorite things to do included driving around to see the various attractions that resided in the historic city.

“I like having new experiences every time I move,” White said. “I always have new stories to tell.”

In the future, she hopes to visit countries in Europe and Asia to experience their culture hands-on and see what daily life is like for the locals. Though she is constantly moving from place from place, White keeps in touch with her friends and family through Instagram and Facebook.

“I do like moving,” White said. “I like the experience of seeing new places and meeting new people.”

Hannah Shaffer
Hannah Shaffer, Features/Clubs Editor
Hey, I'm Hannah. This is my third year in newspaper and my second year as features editor. When I'm not in the journalism room, I'm with my drumline.
Maddy Brown
Maddy Brown, Photo Editor
TAMU '20